Lynne Posted July 30, 2008 Author Share Posted July 30, 2008 I hope you have more luck with it than me. Maybe the port door needs to have more than one metal fastener on the back of it?? The guy who came out DID suggest leaning something up against it, but as you say, they are a lot of money if you have to start improvising! Like a lot of people on here, we have both the cube (perfect!) and the eglu so we've spent quite a bit of money. I have recommended to my neighboiur to have the eglu too so I hope her's is OK!! Let me know how you get on! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
H.P Posted July 31, 2008 Share Posted July 31, 2008 Gwen from Omlet just rang and asked if the new door had arrived, It has not as yet. I expect it will be here in the next few days Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 oh... will gotry and pull mine open. current;ly i have that black driveway weed comntrol over the Eglu to make mornings start later for them!!!! I have a huge strap running under it & tightened over the door. have been worrying a bit aqbout the security off it too. thanks for bringing it up! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 I've never heard of this problem, but I find the eggport to be loose, maybe slightly wobbly, but it is very sterdy and makes a loud click sound when you close it...were yours letting water in? Could you pull the door out when it was in the locked position? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 I've just gone out and checked mine. I can only get the tips of 4 fingers behind the door - it wiggles a bit but feels perfectly secure. I don't think I could pull it off. I hope you get it sorted. It must be worrying not knowing if your girls are safe in the eglu or not . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angels4 Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 Mine did have water coming in and seems unsecure, but I'm building a bigger walk in run to address the potential security issue, as far as the leak, today I purchased a vinyl shower curtian to put over the run (we have been having loads of rain) it was too big so I cut it down and used the pieces over the egg port door which is securly fastened with a bungy so I feel safe it's more secure and leak proof. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted August 3, 2008 Share Posted August 3, 2008 I'm having problems with my cube eggport door- it leaks intermittently. Omlet are sending me a new one, I presume it's sat in the sorting office as the postie has left a note telling me i have a parcel. The water comes in through the bottom of the door & soaks the nestbox. it's very strange- I didn't have this problem with my eglu. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
H.P Posted August 4, 2008 Share Posted August 4, 2008 Well, theres no sign of my new door as yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...