ali-s

Ivomec - Eprinex

All 6 of my Bantam girls have developed Scaley leg mite this week. They are free ranging more since we moved and their favourite haunt is a Red Currant bush where wild birds come to feed.

I would like to try treating them with Ivomec - Eprinex and wondered if you can buy it online? or do I need to take them all :shock: to the vets?

If anyone knows of a Vet in my area who prescribes this treatment for chickens please let me know :D

I use Xeno 200 and it works really well. There is a week egg withdrawl period.

I worked out that if you spray part of the flock then two days later another few and two days after that the remaining few you can minimise the egg withdrawl so that you have some eggs. :D

I tried to order Ivomex Eprinex on-line but they would only sell it to me if I said I had cattle (not licenced for poultry). I suppose I could have lied but I'm not dishonest.

I bought Xeno 200 on-line with no problems and treated the girls on the back of their necks, while they were asleep, with 5 sprays each. Very effective and easy to apply.

5 drops will not be enough. I weighed all my hens just to be sure I gave them the right amount. If you put in a search for Xeno 200 there's a thread called 'Ivermectin drops 0.8%' All the details about weight and amounts are in there.

Many thanks, Ajuff, I found it *here* I will up the dose next time.

But isnt Xeno 200 0.02% Ivermectin. Ivermectin drops at 0.8% is considerably higher?

Yes, you need to work out the correct amount of invermectin to give each hen. Check out the Invermectin 0.8% thread. Xeno 200 needed lots of sprays as it's only 0.2% whereas at 0.8% only needed a few drops.