Guest Poet

friend or foe?

if you click on someone's profile, just under their photo it says 'add friend' or 'add foe' what happens if you add someone as a foe? :lol:

strange option to have on a friendly forum!

just tried it and added someone as a foe and it says

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

not much point if you can't see what they're saying about you! :roll::wink::wink:

Seems a daft option to me. Not really a way of encouraging debate eh?.

On a 'family forum' you are encouraged to ignore people. So anyone who hold views you don't agree with or posts an opinion that you disagree with you can mark as a foe so you can't see what they are saying.

'Hands over ears; I can't hear you'. Bit like, I can't see you so you don't exist!

Brilliant - I only want to debate issues with people who I agree with, or maybe I just want to debate issues with people who debate in the style I like. And I will carry on a discussion but just won't see the contributions by some of the people. Wow, I need to get my head round how that's going to work for me.

But you still get personal messages from these folk you have marked as foes, even though you don't know what they are saying on the forum.

Does anyone know whether they get notified that you have marked them as a foe? I certainly haven't recieved any notifications and I can't believe there aren't people out there who I've upset and who would rather not read my posts; I know from my pms that there are one or two!

I'm not going to mark anyone as a foe - I want to know what everyone is saying. I have marked some friends, just to see if it makes any difference!

:lol: I must admit, I can't see the point of it, we're all friends aren't we? I'm still trying to see if I've spotted all the changes.

When Omlet upgraded the forum, I suppose they added all the luxuries they could manage. That one seems superfluous here, but we do have an all singing, all dancing board now don't we? :D