Yolky

Need a tarp?

Hi

I needed a tarp to cover the back of my walk in run as that is where the rain seems to come in. Anyway for the size I needed the online places seemed expensive so looked on ebay and found these folk....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tarpaulins-To-Go

I bought three for different things and was only charged one p&p. It came quickly by courier and they seem very good. So thought I would pass on the info...

Shiraz

Just looked on the site you suggested, but confused by the accessories, what do I need to order to hold the tarp in place? :oops: Is it the ball bungees?

Thanks

Sally, I don't use tarp clips myself as I found the really strong winds last Winter whipped my shower curtain off the run easily. So I bought Bungee Cords (with a metal hook at each end) sometimes they are called Luggage Cords. I got mine in Pound Land and as they were only 1m long, just hooked 2 together to go over the eglu run. I have my shower curtain held down in 3 places and it never blows away.

Found some pictures on Ebay so you can see what I mean, but you can get them loads of places cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-5PC-BUNGEE-CORD-STRAP-SET-TARPAULIN-TARP_W0QQitemZ250288127993QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250288127993&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Like this....

PICT0361.jpg

PLEASE be VERY CAREFUL when using bungee ropes.

As a Paramedic I have been called to several accidents involving them, the worst case being a workman who, although a frequent user of bungees, managed to let one slip, it whipped round ad he lost an eye. Freak accident maybe, but it can and does happen....

Shiraz

Just looked on the site you suggested, but confused by the accessories, what do I need to order to hold the tarp in place? :oops: Is it the ball bungees?

Thanks

i use the ones for holding tarps to scaffold. here's my set up.

DSCF3410.jpg

I agree with Joanne the bungee straps with metal ends can take your eye out if your not carefull.