BeckyBoo

Another Giant African Land snail question

thought I'd ask as someone on here seemed to have a fair amount of knowledge (there's nearly always an Omleteer who can help WHATEVER the question :lol: )

Can you overfeed land snails? I ask because our five have gone into overdrive and are eating MASSIVE amounts! I mean between them, nearly half a cucumber, half a lettuce a day, plus a cuttlefish lasts them about a week, never mind the apples, grapes etc. They seem fine (how can you tell :? ) but I didn't want to overdo it as it seems no matter how much we feed them, it's gone the next day!

Mrs B

Do they hibernate? Maybe they are just getting ready for the colder weather. Sorry I don't really know, just a thought. :think: Anna aka. A chicky chicky chick-ENN should be around shortly I bet she will know. She posted some great information a short time back in this same section of the forum, I just searched "land snails" and up it popped.

I would link you there, but haven't been able to sort out how to create a link within the forum.

Well mine just eat the house out really they will never stop eting, but then it could be about hibernation and i cant wait seens as i have about 100 it would be a quiet stage :D

Thanks Mary

3 Bantams All Live In A (green eglu) And These Are Them...

PP Lizzie

(Bluebelle) Chalky

(Bluebelle) Hoody

PP R.I.P Frizzy

And they have all laid !eggblue!!eggbrown!!egggreen!!eggwhite!!eggcream!!eggspeck! 'S

Not really sure, was given them by school several months ago, they were quite small, sort of large garden snail sized, now they're HUGE (as per the pictures on the other GLS thread) in fact they're probably even bigger than that now.

I'll keep feeding them then see how they grow as it were :lol:

Mrs B