Guest Posted September 18, 2008 Share Posted September 18, 2008 Mum said Scribble and Poppy had lost a mouse somewhere in my house yesterday. I was just sitting here when movement caught my eye and there it was - eating some of Honey's food - WHICH IS IN THE CAGE WITH HONEY!!! It then scurried into her little bed WHERE SHE IS ASLEEP!!!!!! Fortunately she didn't wake up and spot it - after a week of cage rest she is getting restless and really wants to come out and run around but the vet said she can only come out for lap cuddles. Luckily for the mouse she is slight less active this evening than she has been, because she finished her painkillers last night and I think its hurting her more now. I guess its no wonder mice get caught by the cats if they are stupid enough to jump in their beds! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted September 18, 2008 Share Posted September 18, 2008 I read your post title quicky and thought it said MEN are stupid! my finger was hovering over the Y key when I realised what it actually did say. Its surprising that a mouse would get so close to a cat - daft thing! Glad Honey is on the mend Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted September 18, 2008 Share Posted September 18, 2008 I read your post title quicky and thought it said MEN are stupid! my finger was hovering over the Y key when I realised what it actually did say. Ahem.... Be nice to men! (or they won't fix your car, computer, washing machine, plumbing etc) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted September 18, 2008 Share Posted September 18, 2008 Ahem.... Be nice to men! (or they won't fix your car, computer, washing machine, plumbing etc) That is a bit old fashioned Fred! Most women these days can fix their own car, computer, washing machine and turn their hand to a bit of plumbing.......I repaired a vacuum cleaner yesterday. Peng....maybe the mouse senses that Honey isn't on top form......not so daft after all....free food and somewhere warm to bunk up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted September 18, 2008 Share Posted September 18, 2008 I read your post title quicky and thought it said MEN are stupid! my finger was hovering over the Y key when I realised what it actually did say. Ahem.... Be nice to men! (or they won't fix your car, computer, washing machine, plumbing etc) Fred, one of my ex-students is a plumber, SHE is top of her class and has been nominated and received many awards in the area for it. I personally would employ a female plumber over a male one (especially this one female plumber ) cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 Right in my case though Fred AND I have to be nice to him to get him to do it - wish that worked the other way round Daft mouse! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 I have to say I'm in the middle on this subject, men not mice that is....I can do a lot of things but if Guy isn't around I'd rather he did them when he's here, and I do householdy jobs. Sorry, I'm a failed feminist and with my chest size there is no way I'm gonna consider the burning of the bra Guy just seems to inherently know what to do with the more practical stuff and can just do it, whereas it would take me longer to work it out and do it, and if there is any physical strength involved, then I'm useless. Having said that, I'm pretty good at repairing things etc. if I have to!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 That is sweet. Did you manage to get rid of it Pengy without it being spotted? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 Ah bless the ickle mouse Also, as a woman who refuses to let her husband near her power tools and recently fitted her own kitchen, I laugh in the face of the suggestion I need to be nice to men. Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 Ah bless the ickle mouse Also, as a woman who refuses to let her husband near her power tools and recently fitted her own kitchen, I laugh in the face of the suggestion I need to be nice to men. Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them In Hawaii they have whole shops selling this stuff DS got an AB CD t-shirt that was made to look like the AC DC logo and I got a vest that said something like housework is evil, it must be stopped Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted September 19, 2008 Share Posted September 19, 2008 you lot can burn your bras if you like but I'm quite happy to have men do things for me. Ian is very nifty with jar lids! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...