cathybc

not seeing the girls at night .....

I didn't get home from work till 6.45 last night and the girls had already gone to bed. I stood at the end of the run, filled up their grub, but still they didn't stir, just gave cute cooing noises (snoring???). I so missed them !

And they were still asleep when I left at 7.15 this morning - although I got home at 5.30 tonight and they came out for their daily dose of mayhem.

I guess this is a taste of things to come with the days getting shorter and we will all have to get used to it (this will be my first winter with them). But I can't believe how :( I was on Monday.

I know just how you feel, I've got home too late last night and tonight to see them before they went to bed :( I'm in a really busy period at work right now so it's likely to be like this for a while.

On the plus side hubbie got home before me so he cleared up all their poop and my lovely daughter cooked dinner :D

I'm the same - poor old girls haven't been out once this week, and by next week it will be too dark even if I get home on time. I will be nipping up the garden before work to see them but from now on it's going to be free-ranging at weekends only. :(

I frequently get into work to find I've got mud all over my trousers/boots from my morning visits to the Cube!

I'm the same - poor old girls haven't been out once this week, and by next week it will be too dark even if I get home on time. I will be nipping up the garden before work to see them but from now on it's going to be free-ranging at weekends only. :(

I frequently get into work to find I've got mud all over my trousers/boots from my morning visits to the Cube!

I have "chicken clothes" that I wear otherwise I would be the same as you going to work. I leave my work trousers on the landing and put some old decorating tracky bottoms on until I have done the chickens and then i just quickly change my trousers and I'm done.

All this week our girls have been in bed by the time I get home. No free-ranging for them and no fix for me :(

As soon as I have a spare bit of cash we are definitely going to put in a web cam so I can watch for a while at work.

Not seeing them at night is going to make it more difficult to monitor their mood, broodyness and general well-being and I am a little panicked at the thought that they might be in bed SICK - not just ASLEEP!

I hate it when they have gone to bed without saying good night.

:(

I feel exactly the same.

Especially tonight. :cry:

After school everyday at 3:45 I let them out and if it's nice I do my homework outside.

I give them their treat pot and they have a great time and go to bed at six.

I had band after school today. Didn't get home until 6:20 mum had let them out but they had already gone back in to sleep.

:cry: