WitchHazel

chickens: a question for those who raise birds for the table

There are abattoirs that will dispatch, pluck and dress chickens for a fee. I'm not aware of any near you. Try google :D

Thats exactly what i am looking for has anyone used this service before and is there a minimum amount of birds they will take at one time, also approx prices, searched google with no luck :S

north east area

thanks

When we despatched our boys I did it first thing in the morning, so they wouldn't have had any food overnight. This was a good compromise for me, as they don't eat much in the evening, and I hate dealing with a full crop when gutting, but I hate the idea of starving them more. I haven't got any in for ages - mostly because we keep meaning to hatch our own, and failing and then because I remember how much I hate plucking. Gutting I'm fine with, it's just the plucking that gets me.

Looked high and low cant seem to find anywhere that will do it for me :/

anyone willing to post on that river cottage forum please i was having problems joining

looking for abattoirs that will dispatch, pluck and dress chickens for a fee.

Notrh East England

Thanks

I've posted it on for you :D

There seems to be a lot of people asking the same questions about chicken abattoirs over there at the moment.

Heres the link

Good luck with your search! :D