Redwing

Are All Dogs Optimists?

:lol::lol::lol: Does he get car sick? Perhaps he's associating the car with being sick.

Have you tried popping him in the car, in his crate while it's still parked in the drive? Give him lots of treats and attention rewards and leave the boot open so that he can see you while you potter, then let him out and have a play. You may have already tried this, but it worked for me in the past with a dog who didn't like the car.

Ruby is coming up for 5 months old now and is ambivalent about the car - she used to hate it and was sick all the time. I try not to feed her before she goes in it and she now settles in her caret quite happily and will sleep in the car during journeys.

Hey Claret!

Yes, have tried the treats in the car crate, but he hangs his head and won't take them, even his favourite (not that he won't eat ANYTHING!) liver cake. It's very sad. I will try leaving him in the crate in the drive - maybe I should feed him in there.

He loves his crate in the house, too.

My last flattie would happily sit in the car for hours and couldn't wait to jump in. Ho hum, we'll persevere and I'm sure things will improve. He's progressing really well with his training and got his Puppy Foundation rosette last week <>

He sounds better behaved than my terrorist! :lol::lol: She's doing well and learned a lot from her puppy course but is at that age where they are easily distracted, being a quarter Saluki doesn't help either - they are maniacs! :roll:

You may find some help with this on t'internet if you spend long enough searching, but I think that lots of positive reinforcement is probably all they are going to say. *shrugs*

Well Claret, I'm expecting it all to go horribly wrong when he reaches the teenager stage and can't remember anything he's learned.

"Sit? SIT? No, sorry, don't know what you're talking about!" :lol:

Hmm Cookie is going through this stage at the moment. She looks at me with her tongue hanging out as if to say 'yeah - what'd you want?'. Sometimes I even lift her ears up and say it again, just to see if she can't actually hear me....... :wink::lol: