amy

poorly bunny

i was just wondering if any 1 could help me find out wots wrong wiv my lionhead called fluff? i have taken her to the vets wiv a really sore eye its got 2 growths on it and after further investigation i found more sores on her paws, behind and inside her ears and 3 or 4 on her back?????? the vet doesnt no wot it is and is trying her hardest 2 sort fluff out but i just wondered if any1 had come across this sort of thing b4?

I haven't seen it before, but it sounds like you need to change your vet if they don't know (they really should). Find a vet who regularly treats rabbits.

Without seeing the sores/growths, they could be anything from parasites to a type of herpes. If they look to be spreading quickly, then get him to see a bunny-savvy vet soonest.

God luck.

my vet took sum samples of the lumps found on fluff and told us that the test results show she had a wierd form of myxomatosis but because she had been vaccinated against it she should make a full recovery which she seems to be doing nicely :) she hasnt had any mediction to hell she has just got to get over it on her own! the really good thing is her sister that is in the same eglu hasnt got it or showing any signs of getting it :lol:

Amy Myxomatosis is spread by the European Rabbit Flea which is rampant in the rabbit breeding season so from March till probably October you should consider some form of flea treatment for your bunnies 8)

Living outside rabbits come into contact with them even in hutches as the fleas are such efficient breeders matching their breeding season with the rabbits so babies are covered in fleas (in the wild) as soon as they are born :shock:

Speak to your vet it will probably be something not normally used on rabbits one of the cat or dog spot on medications may be the thing to try to make sure even though vaccinated your bunnies are not bothered like this again :wink:

just to let u all no fluff is doing great and is full of naughtiness again so i would strongley advise any1 with rabbits to have them vaccinated against myxi. i am sure if fluff hadnt been she wouldnt be with us today :lol: