Sandra

Rat in the eglu

I came home at lunch time today & found a small rat eating the layers that one of the hens had kindly sprinkled on the floor from the peanut feeder. Run was closed & both hens were sat at the back of the run watching their dinner guest!! Escape route was through the bars. I have gone out this pm & bought some chicken mesh which I intend to cover the run with. Any suggestions on how to prevent their long tailed friend from returning with some more guests?

:cry:

I'm afraid the only way to stop him/her/(almost certainly) them is to kill them.

Call your local council - most of them have a vermin control dept. - they will help you find the probably source of infestation ands advise on elimination...

if I were you I'd start here:

Oswestry Borough Council is responsible for enforcing duties on land and property owners to control or eliminate such pests and, although not legally obliged to do so, provides a pest control service, which deals with public health pests free of charge in domestic properties.

There is no charge for removal of pests with health risks. These include:

* Fleas

* Cockroaches

* Bed bugs

* Rats and mice.

Contact Details

Planning and Environmental Services

Oswestry Borough Council

Castle View

Oswestry

Shropshire

SY11 1JR