Hi all,

My wife (Trish Fearnley) was quite active on here at one point and we had acted as a holiday home for hens a few times locally a few years ago. She sadly died earlier this year and it's taken me a while to decide that I don't want to keep hens any more.

Anyway, this leaves me with two Eglus - one an old (green) Mk1 classic (I think) and one a more recent (purple) classic (slightly bigger than the old one). There is also a run and some worse-for-wear netting/fencing as well if any use, plus a water feeder and a very battered food feeder ("food feeder" sounds daft but you'll know what I mean) and an amount of organic layers pellets.

The Eglus have been cleaned since the last occupants but have since been vacant over winter, so they need a good wash (power-washer for outside would be ideal).

I'd like to give these away to someone just starting or wanting to expand, etc. so that they are a benefit to someone.

You'd need to collect (or arrange transport) from Leeds (LS25).

Is anyone interested, or know someone who is starting out, perhaps?

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your wife. 

That's so kind of you to offer the Eglu's for free, I'm sure that people will leap at the chance, if no takers on here, it could be worth contacting local schools or charities to see if they would be interested or would know of any groups that may be able to make use of them.  Failing that sell them on Ebay and donate the money to charity that's close to your heart.

I can't imagine life without hens, so that must have been a tough decision for you to make.  I hope that you find good homes for the Eglus and wish you all the best for the future. 

• Thanks 1

Hello we are new on here today and firstly very sorry to here of your loss.

We have just got our first hens and quails yesterday and are looking for housing for them we would be very inserted in the eglu's if you still have them?

Kind Regards

J & S