Hob

Searching for Mini Lops in my area!

I'm having so much trouble finding a breeder of Mini Lops in the Ludlow, Shropshire area!

I am due to receive my new Eglu (or Rablu as I've seen someone refer to it :D ) next Wednesday and I don't have any babies to occupy it!

My lovely rabbit Hob died in April after the vet had an accident filing the spurs on Hob's teeth. :cry: He was a cross Dutch, was the best friend and is missed everyday.

I don't like having an empty garden so husband has persuaded me to have another rabbit so I decided to get two Mini Lop does to go in my new Eglu. However, I can't find any in the area :!:

I'm registered with the Rabbit Welfare Association but the links that have been suggested to me haven't come back with anything.

CAN ANYONE HELP :?::?

Hi Annie

Thanks for your welcome and thanks for the link!

I've found two more breeders that I hadn't tried before so that's great - I'll let you know the progress of my bunny search! :D

I'm afraid I've gone for the safe option - green! I wanted a purple or blue one but the husband wasn't so keen so we comprimised!

Thanks for all your help and I'll keep you posted.

xx

Hi Clare

So sorry to hear about Toffee. :(

The one or two rabbits question is something I have struggled with and something which is highlighted by your post even though you haven't been given the choice.

Hob was by himself but it suited him! He was a rescue rabbit so we didn't have him until he was 6 months old and he was already a grumpy old man! We did introduce another bunny but Hob didn't like sharing his space so unfortunately, the bunny had to be returned. He just liked his space and human company so that's the way we kept it.

However, I always thought of all the benefits he was missing out on by not having a companion so I decided straight away that I would have 2 bunnies for my Rablu. But the thought did pop in my head about the lonliness if one went for whatever reason. I then reasoned with myself that it's the same with everything though and you can't deprive the beauty of the time together for the fear of something out of your control.

I'm sure you give Fudge all the love and cuddles that she needs to comfort her.

xx

Hi Everyone

My new Rablu and new bunnies have arrived! :D

Not the Mini Lops I was orginally looking for though! :roll:

They are Cagney and Lacy the Netherland Dwarfs; Cagney is the black and tan Nethy and Lacy the white one.

They are so gorgeous and are settling in quickly. They are used to my voice and have even started to come to me voluntarily - I am very lucky! I have been sitting with my laptop, having my breakfast and putting my makeup on outside the Rablu so they've not had much choice! Only picked them up a few times as it really stresses Cagney out - she much prefers to be stroked on terra ferma! Bless!

However, I haven't told them about the checkup at the Rabbit vet tomorrow night! :? Oh well! We'll be back to square one probably! :| We'll get there though.

Thanks for your posts to me xx

The rablu is absolutely genius Martin B! Love it! And so do they which is the important bit! :wink:

The winter shade is coming in very handy today with all the rain. They are still able to explore whilst keeping nice and dry! :)

Thanks AnnieP!

I've got my avatar on my mobile phone as my wallpaper! Sad, I know but they are so lovely and it easier to show people how lovely they are rather than try and explain! :wink:

Hopefully they won't hate me too much! Depends what the vet does to them and whether they take exception to it! :)

xx

Hi Clare

Thank you very much for your response.

I did try Ross Rabbits as they are not very far from us at all but they won't have any until October.

We have since learnt a lesson too :!: We originally wanted Nethies but were then tempted with Mini Lops because of their temperament and floppy ears! However, we thought Mini Lops were about the same size as Nethies! What we now know is that Mini Lop means Mini for the breed not necessary small! It's hard to gaige what books say but thankfully someone pointed this out to us! We just don't have the space for two normal size bunnies. So we have our two Nethies...............

It means that we can let them out of the Rablu and the space around them is always going to be more than they need, if that makes sense.

And their temperament is just as lovely as any lop we've seen so that is a bonus! :D

I've been to the shop on Ross Rabbits tonight though and bought a few items - just don't tell the other half!! :lol:

Do you think the lady you mentioned would help us with our Nethies if we had any questions?

xx

Good news!

The trip to the vet didn't make Cagney and Lacy hate me! :D

The vet is a bunny expert and she made them feel very much at ease and didn't stress them out at all!

Good job too as they are going back in 3 weeks for their first jab - bless them :?

xx

Karen is great Lydia, and I am sure that if you mention that you have bought from her shop, she will give you advice if you ever need it. She is a very experienced breeder and knows everyhting there is to know about bunnies.

My mini-lops are quite large for their bred and are very docile (just ask Martin), the are like big cuddly toys :D I love nethies though and if I had the room, I would love some too.