Nicola O

Chooks off on their holidays !!

Well, tonight I'm packing up chooks and eglu and taking them over to a friend who is having them for ten days while I'm off on my hols.

I've packed their stuff, enough layers pellets and some wood shavings for when she cleans them out (I think she's getting her partner to do that - though he doesn't know it yet :wink: ). She wanted to save all the eggs for me for when I got back, but I've told her she can keep them.

It will seem odd in the garden tonight and tomorrow without them but I know they'll be well looked after - and knowing how fastidiously clean Theresa is they'll probably be all washed a blow dried when I pick them up :lol: .

I'm hoping that the run will fit in the back of my estate car without having to collapse it down into its individual sections - has anyone else tried and found it fits? - I'm sure I'll have fun trying.

Nicola

I bet Theresa will be getting her own Eglu soon :lol:

I hope she does as she loves the eggs, she has a load off me.

Her partner used to keep chickens a few years ago so perhaps this will re-kindle his passion for them. Do I get brownie points for signing up another omleteer :?::D

Nicola

I'm hoping that the run will fit in the back of my estate car without having to collapse it down into its individual sections - has anyone else tried and found it fits? - I'm sure I'll have fun trying.

Nicola

you can dream, eh??

anyway - after you've dismantled it - enjoy your break! :lol:

Phil

I was obviouly deluded when I thought the run would fit intact, it took an hour to collapse the whole thing and get it in the car - and those little green clips are soooo fiddley.

Took an hour again to rebuild when we got to Theresas - she couldn't help as she is getting married on the 16th Sept and she didn't want to break her nails :lol: (I broke two :( ).

A friend of hers turned up and thought the eglu was BRILLIANT !! She helped me fight with those clips and get the whole thing set up. I then showed her all the fantastic features and the benefits of an eglu over a wooden house and guess what - she wants one :!: I wrote down the web address for her and she is going to get her son to look it up - Another eglu owner in the making :D .

Off to Suffolk tomorrow, probably have loads to catch up on when I get back.

Nicola.