lindsey

White Gingernut Ranger

Hi, We have had our chickens for a week now. Does anyone else have a white gingernut ranger? Our Bubbles is one of these as opposed to being a red gingernut ranger. She seems very confident, and has taken to chasing us around the garden demanding treats! George, the red one, seems far more laid back. How do you get the cheickens to stop pecking you?

Does anyone is the Wainscott area of Strood know of anywhere to buy the organic food locally?

Look forward to hearing from you

Hi, We have had our chickens for a week now. Does anyone else have a white gingernut ranger? Our Bubbles is one of these as opposed to being a red gingernut ranger. She seems very confident, and has taken to chasing us around the garden demanding treats! George, the red one, seems far more laid back. How do you get the cheickens to stop pecking you?

Does anyone is the Wainscott area of Strood know of anywhere to buy the organic food locally?

Look forward to hearing from you

The Omlet Guy said our Sussex Star (white) is essentiall the same chicken as a Gingernut Ranger, because the parents are from the same breed of chicken as the GNR's...

Apparentl is male is type A and female is type B, you get a red chicken but if you reverse that and male is type B and female is type A, they come out white - or so he said :lol:

Hello l live in strood and not far from you by the sounds of it.Near the fire station.We get ours from

hf and jf, hartly bottom farm

hartly, longfield 01474 872970

kent DA3 8LJ

we have to ring them first usally takes about a week to get in but they are very good and cheaper the omlet

Dur !

I read this posting a couple of days ago.... and thought Strood, Gloucestershire, not Medway. How stupid am I :roll::oops::oops:

I use the Glovers at Hartley Bottom Farm in Longfield as well, and they are very good :D

Maybe if there are several of us requesting Organic feed from there they might me persuaded to keep it in stock instead of the order in thing. (Sometimes I run out quicker than I expect and having to buy non-organic Allen & Page instead..... which kinds of makes a nonsense of bothering with organic all together really I'd guess.... but then as a family we mix organic and non-organic foods- same for the hens I guess :?:oops::oops::oops:

Good luck with finding a good supplier.... otherwise I might end up bumping into you in Hartley :wink: