Happy-Mama

Sorry if daft question (Rabbits)

Hi Jen Jen!

My rabbits were in a wooden hutch until may, and had nibbled quite a few areas, but since being in the rablu they've not nibbed once :D I don't think plastic has the same attraction. It's not a daft question, feel free to ask anything, thats whats so good about this forum :D

Yes my two have had a nibble on the plastic coated mesh. Not much though as it is very tough. I've added a new toy though, a "Ooops, word censored!"ble ball, and they haven't bothered the the run since - just got bored with their old toy! :roll:

They don't stand a chance against the Rablu! :D

Surprisingly enough my two little tinkers have also had a nibble on the plastic coating on the run door. Since the metal is rusty underneath, I'm just a little bit concerned that Georgie loves licking it when it's wet. Cannot image that rusty water tastes nice but there again she will lick anything to death!!! She has a log hut, a chunk of an apple branch and also a willow ball in her run but she still insists on chewing the door.

My two girls will be taking up resident in their new des res tomorrow. My hubby has very kindly built them a 10 ft wooden hutch (made out of an inch ply so they can't wreck it). Unfortunately since we've had a few problems with our girls getting on (spraying hasn't resolved the problem either), we've had no alternative but to build a new home for them. If they do get on, we're going to keep the rablu as a summer home for them, so fingers crossed..............

Hi Lydia! what is a "Ooops, word censored!"ble ball?

Hi Mandy

They are a wooden ball but not quite! Hard to explain :roll::lol:

They look like this

DSC02097.JPG

and you can get them from http://www.vagavalley.co.uk/bunnysupplies/

It's a brilliant shop I think with lots of ideas to keep your little beans entertained.

It's called a Nut Nibbler on this website. :shock: If they manage to chew their way through, they then have a walnut to chew on. Two in one if you will :D

Hope this helps.

Lydia x

Hi Mandy

Hope you like the website and find it useful.

We're getting better thanks. They're slowly getting used to me being around them but they still have a problem with me trying to fuss them when they are outside of the Rablu.

However, Lacey has a poorly tummy at the mo which means that I am having to handle her a lot to give her medicine which is helping and everytime I pick her up, I pick Cagney up so we're good - they will like me! :D Thanks for asking.

My husband came up with their names as he said they reminded him of them! :?:) They're detectives alright - they always find the holes!

Lydia

Glad you like the website Jen Jen :D

I bought the pouch the other week so I can hang it around my neck and put a bunny in it! I'm yet to try it out but I'm sure Cagney and Lacey will enjoy snuggling their bums into the bottom of it.

You can also get some good advice from them as the people who own the website are also rabbit hobbyists who have many years of experience. Their website is www.rossrabbits.co.uk if you're interested.

Enjoy!

It's truly a small world Claret! I don't live a million miles from where they're based. :D

Jen Jen, I think that it's strange that any animal would like a salt or mineral lick but there we go! :vom:

Good luck with the saving Jen Jen. The wait will be worth it.

I haven't actually visited but have had advice from her in the past.

I must make a point of going if my other half will let me as I always seem to come away with something I didn't plan to when I visit places like Karen's! :D Be it a little bun or other things!

That is such a lovely thing to do! I didn't know she did the CD thing - though it also doesn't surprise me - she's lovely.