katieadams Posted May 15, 2009 Author Share Posted May 15, 2009 Here it is Small but perfectly formed! PS Sorry Puddleduck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted May 15, 2009 Share Posted May 15, 2009 That looks like a nice sized egg to me Katie! Oh your poor chicken, her mummy loves her, her mummy doesn't, her mummy loves her, her mummy doesn't Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 15, 2009 Author Share Posted May 15, 2009 Ha ha I know - she should be grateful she's not a fish, I've never loved them It's about the size of a supermarket small egg - I've got really tiny hands so it looks bigger when I hold it!! I'm going to fry it tonight and we can all dip into it, best way I can think to share it between four!! I'll love her forever now, promise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted May 15, 2009 Share Posted May 15, 2009 I'll love her forever now, promise She deserves it!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
puddleduck Posted May 15, 2009 Share Posted May 15, 2009 oh and just a little bit jealous Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 15, 2009 Author Share Posted May 15, 2009 I just came on to see if you'd got one yet Puddleduck and I guess not Your girls are a week younger than mine though so we can only ! I'm guessing you'll get one on Tuesday, with maybe a softie on Monday. Maybe we should have another poll for you!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
puddleduck Posted May 15, 2009 Share Posted May 15, 2009 yeah... a poll to say when will mine lay? a) next week b) next month c) next year d) never I vote d) never chickens don't lay eggs...its a myth. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 15, 2009 Author Share Posted May 15, 2009 Up until this morning I would have agreed with you - but I vote a) next week, definitely! Maybe they're waiting til next Friday to be exactly the same as our girls - wouldn't it be weird if all three of yours were exactly a week behind all three of ours I promised my husband I'd stop obsessing over this forum once we had an egg, but now I'm desperate for your hens to lay so I'm still at it!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
puddleduck Posted May 16, 2009 Share Posted May 16, 2009 shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I think daisy has just crouched. not sure but fingers crossed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 16, 2009 Author Share Posted May 16, 2009 YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a week or two and you're off!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted May 16, 2009 Share Posted May 16, 2009 shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I think daisy has just crouched. not sure but fingers crossed. *whispers* "yay"!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennyhenny Posted May 16, 2009 Share Posted May 16, 2009 "mouths" yay Jennyhenny Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tidygirlsuk Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 need I say more????????!!!!!!!!!! well done! Mine were 25 when all three started laying. it wont be long for you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tidygirlsuk Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 Congratulations ! My first big girl egg from either my Goldline or bluebelle, layed a normal egg first go and layed ever since with the odd day off. My bluebelle crouched first and looks more mature than goldline. Both of their pelvic bones are wide enough to lay an egg. The eggs aare quite creamy sometimes with brown spots. I guessed its my goldline because people keep telling me bluebelles lay brown eggs. I thought goldlines laid brown eggs and bluebelles laid pinky/plum ones So confusing! And I'm not 100% sure Butterfly is a goldline anyway - they called her a gold star but I don't know if that's the same or not!! So all in all I've no idea what to expect (or should I say eggspect )! I got it wrong. My goldline is laying the brown eggs and bellebelle and amber star(a pure white amber star) are laying light eggs. I need to change my signiture a little now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tidygirlsuk Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 Congratulations on your first hard egg katie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 17, 2009 Author Share Posted May 17, 2009 It was definitely Beaky - I watched them all morning and she layed for us early afternoon! She's laid three now, all light coloured, with white speckles if you look really really closely! We had the first two fried they were delicious (though with 2 between 4 we could have done with them being bigger !!). Butterly is crouching like a good'un now so hopefully she won't be far behind Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 Patience is a virtue Katie, soon you'll have more eggs than you can deal with! Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smithy36 Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 Yaay well done you...well Beaky! I know it seems endless waiting for them to start, but the thrill never goes away! Poached egg, boiled egg, fried egg, scrambled egg, quiche, omlette...endless options!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
smithy36 Posted May 17, 2009 Share Posted May 17, 2009 Yaay well done you...well Beaky! I know it seems endless waiting for them to start, but the thrill never goes away! Poached egg, boiled egg, fried egg, scrambled egg, quiche, omlette...endless options!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 18, 2009 Author Share Posted May 18, 2009 Patience is a virtue Katie, soon you'll have more eggs than you can deal with! Sha x Patience, patience ..... nope, not something I'm familiar with (eh Puddleduck !!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted May 18, 2009 Share Posted May 18, 2009 I'm not sure I really know the whole concept of patience, but I keep having that quoted at me, so know the words if not the actions ! Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
puddleduck Posted May 18, 2009 Share Posted May 18, 2009 Patience is a virtue Katie, soon you'll have more eggs than you can deal with! Sha x Patience, patience ..... nope, not something I'm familiar with (eh Puddleduck !!) I don't understand...never heard that word before however Daisy was a good girl today! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kerrie Posted May 21, 2009 Share Posted May 21, 2009 Well done on your firs egg -I still do the chiken dance (or 3. They've got to have a dance each!) I was gettign 3 eggs a day until Isobelle decided she was broody so have been getting 2 eggs. Hope isobelle comes out of it as soon as she went into it.hmm Enjoy your 'proper egg' (as my son calls them)-much nice in taste and texture Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...