Angus Arran Chooks

Any Scottish Omleteer Ever...

I haven't personally but I think that's where a friend of mine bought some birds from. If you like I could ask her and PM you her opinion? Is it bantam silkies or full size you're looking for because there's a man on the practical poultry forum who is based on the south side of Glasgow who has had silkies in the past. I've bought from him and he was very helpful. He had lots of more unusual birds and hatching eggs.

Becka

No, no, no :shock: . Don't buy from them :shock: . I'm fairly positive I've heard really bad things about them :? . I'll try to find the thread that mentioned them.

I hope you've not pressed that button :anxious: .

Edit: here's 3 threads all of which mention All Year Round Birds (in not very flattering terms :? ): Lots of other breeders are mentioned so hopefully you'll find one that suits :) .

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38284&hilit=all+year+round+birds

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21925&highlight=year+round+birds

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24626&hilit=+all+year+round+birds

ive not bred any silkies yet, only have a male and 3 hens, (and 2 of them are perenially broody!! :shock: ), but hopefully over summer might get a few chickies out, so give me a shout a bit later on and will help if i can.............. :D

i lurk on occasions!! :lol: .................was down at stevens the other day collecting my latest batch of chicks hed hatched for me, the kind man!! :lol: ..................forgot he had large silkies , his place is so huge, and he has so many breeds, its easy to overlook a specific breed! :shock::lol:

Yes, I saw your chicks when I was down.....have you counted their toes yet :lol: . I got the whole tour, I don't know how he does it. It was the the wee Chamois Polands that freaked me out....can't get my head round that breed at all.....but then I used to say that about Favs :wink:

just looking at old post, and am now worried as bought 4 birds on saturday from all year round :shock:

ordered threw omlet 2 pepperpots 2 gingernut but when we got there, didnt have pepperpots so got amber rockets as he said the site had bumped up pepperpots and not that friendly etc etc so we not knowing too much took them,.

didnt really like how birds were kept in small spaces.

Thanks to all you guys for your replys and PMs.

So glad I put a wee message out there before I did anything.

Steering clear as I dont have the experience to deal with any "disasters" yet.

Thanks to everyone.

Bare me in mind if you hear of any little silkies in my neck of the woods...

Anjx

Hijacking the thread ............ what a lovely place Arran is :D:D

Used to visit often :):) but haven't been for thirty years ......... :(:(

Was at college with one of the vets there.