gooner.girl

Football Chat

Well done Martin Poirot!!

The black and white one is quite old now (judging by the hair!!) - it was taken by the Hartlepool Mail when I moved to Hartlepool back in 1992!! That's the one I use on the church website!

the Pardew photo is one of a series of doctored photos that was used when we were ribbing some West Ham fans in a bit of an inter-Forum war a few weeks ago..

my best effort was Mo Pardew: (Mo from Eastenders on Pardew's shoulders)

mopardew.jpg

The final photo was much more recent - this summer just gone, in fact - on holiday in Scotland - out walking in the Galloway Hills - what a fantastic place. As you can see - I have put on some weight, but the cap hides the missing hair!! (also - it seems from the shirt that I have recently escaped from prison!!)

8)

Phil

I haven't found any pictures of anything yet i just want to know how to do it so that when i want to put a pic pof something on i can! Maybe i'll just have to pm you the link and ask you nicely to do it for me - or ask the hubby....

It's really very easy Helen..

1 Get yourself a photobucket account - here:

http://photobucket.com/

it's free - and easy to set up. Upload your photo into your photobucket account direct from your computer (again - very easy to do) - or simply tell photobucket the web address (URL) of the image and it will go and get it for you..

to get the web address (URL) for any photo on the internet -

right click on the image and select the option "properties" - copy the image location/URL from the pop-up box - paste that into photobucket having selected the "upload from a webURL" option)

2 your photos in photobucket are kept in an album - you can have as a URL link - the direct link to the photo, an HTML tag - for use if you are writing a website or a blog - and...

and IMG tag - for message boards. All you have to do is copy and paste this IMG tag into your post - and there you have it!!

(you can't paste a photo into a message board - you have to paste the IMG tag - then the message board goes and gets the photo from there.)

I expect to see a photo from you by the end of the day!! What about that pic of you and the dolphin??

:wink:

Phil

Ok, i'll give it a go when i get home from work this afternoon, sounds complicated, it took me ages to work out how to load photos to my myspace account let alone anything else! That reminds me i must change them there so old... Do either of you Phil? Martin? Chelsea? have a myspace account? I have Annie P as a friend already. I think i thought you had to cut and paste pictures into the msg board but as you say thats not the case...

Do either of you Phil? Martin? Chelsea? have a myspace account? I have Annie P as a friend already.

Nahh.. I only have a myspace account because I need one in order to access the myspace pages of my youth group members and leave messages to tell them what's going on!

myspace is for young chavs!! :wink:

Phil

Martin says:

I got my photos from his photobucket account.

That's a bit scary! How do you get pictures from other peoples photobucket account? I mean....there might be something there that they would prefer not to have plastered on t'internet!

Am intrigued.

I particularly like the caption to this photo on Martin's post....

"living comfortably in a garden near me"

:lol: Perhaps every garden should have one?

:lol: indeed...

Phil

Martin says:

I got my photos from his photobucket account.

That's a bit scary! How do you get pictures from other peoples photobucket account? I mean....there might be something there that they would prefer not to have plastered on t'internet!

Am intrigued.

if you wanted to keep it private - ie. not available for public viewing - then you would go into account settings and set your album to "private" instead of "public"

there's all sorts in my album - it's probably due a major weed!! and the photos are not neatly and tidily kept in categorised albums either - as they should be, I suppose!

Phil

Just been and had a decko at my Photobucket account settings. They were already "private"....phew.

I don't like the idea of anyone noseying around in anything of mine without permission....especially on t'internet.

Was horrified to discover recently that my ex-directory tel no was emblazoned on another web site for all the world to see.

Made damn sure they removed it toot sweet. Had to stand on my hind legs though!

A bit off topic , I know.

Phil

Akshully, we have a pheasant who regularly visits our garden and he's got a white collar, which is not unlike a vicar's dog collar, but of course, being a pheasant, he's not really a vicar, which is why we call him "Phil".

Phil

Akshully, we have a pheasant who regularly visits our garden and he's got a white collar, which is not unlike a vicar's dog collar, but of course, being a pheasant, he's not really a vicar, which is why we call him "Phil".

Phil the Pheasant Plucker?? :wink:

Phil

:lol: (Good to see you, Richard) Are you sure he's a vicar....I mean pheasant?

Well, I can't help following this topic, it's fun to read although none of our family are true football supporters, only eldest son & I watch an occasional match.

But, when they were younger, all 3 elder children had the "Ooops, word censored!"nal strip, some players had a connection with this town, living or training here, in the days of Ian Wright, Tony Adams & of course, David Seaman. Those were the days!

The latter asked my (by then teenage) daughter if he could join in the aerobic dance class that she was just going into, instead of the training session he was there for.

Don't tell Chookiehen!

Anyway, brought the topic back to "Ooops, word censored!"nal, so you can carry on talking about football. :lol:

Wow! Go to work and i come back and theres another page to read! :lol:

1 Martin in 1992? My, aren't we young compared to Phil?! :wink: Do you think we should start calling him 'Grandad'?!

But, when they were younger, all 3 elder children had the "Ooops, word censored!"nal strip, some players had a connection with this town, living or training here, in the days of Ian Wright, Tony Adams & of course, David Seaman. Those were the days! The latter asked my (by then teenage) daughter if he could join in the aerobic dance class that she was just going into, instead of the training session he was there for.

Sheila, you are now officially one of the coolest people on this forum (along with me and Annie P) now you have shown your "Ooops, word censored!"nal links! :wink::lol: I can just imagine David Seaman doing aerobics!

Every garden have a Phil?! Can you imagine?! :shock:

Phil, Myspace is not for young Chavs! Oh ok, maybe a little bit but its my brothers fault he persuaded me to get one! Honest! Have to say i don't blog very often as i never have anything interesting to write about...

Right going to investigate photobucket....

thanks, works now :wink:

didnt realise he was 29 - still couple of good years left in him!

You got Blackburn away this weekend......Im not keen on Blackburn and mark hughes mentality of "kick the s*** out of the opposition" tactics. You'll be lucky to leave there without any injuries. lets hope you have a decent ref.