gooner.girl

Football Chat

What do you reckon of the Gilberto - Savage thing Chelsea - i guess by letter of the law Gilberto had to go but i think Savages 2 tackles were worse...

It is a cute name for a duck isn't it???!!!! I can just see Mike (OH) yelling Kolo! Kolo! Come here Kolo! (actually he'd probably enjoy that more then calling the chickens)

mmm, well...he did have to go im afraid..but the fact robbie savage is one of the dirtiest, narkiest, most likely to wind you up players doesnt help!

you play better with 10 men anyway (we do aswell)...so no harm done.

im waiting to see the hasslebaink tackle - supposed to be real dirty - should have been a straight red apparently

BTW go anywhere interesting on your day trip??

went to piccies with kids to see "Night at the Museum" - Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, cameo role for Ricky Gervais.. I was pleasantly surprised - then out for a meal at Frankie & Benny's in Romford...

as for your league table.. did you look at it closely?? Can you explain it for me??

the R/Y column - red and yellow cards - "Ooops, word censored!"nal (171) have way more than Bolton (157) - 3 points for a red, 1 point for a yellow..

and the teams at the "top" of this league have the most points.. How can that work?? the more reds and yellows you have - the higher up the fair play league you rise??

one of the columns is "respect towards opponents" - how on earth do you measure that aside from reds and yellows?? very subjective..

likewise - the "positive play" column

and the "respect towards the officials" column - how do you measure that?

I bet it's changed slightly now as there is a "conduct of officials" column.. that table was before Wenger was found guilty of gross misconduct...

all of which is why I described the table as a load of boff

..unless you can explain it to me, that is... :wink:

Phil

We should definatly get a league going and tot up the scores over the rest of the season - i don't mind losing those 2 points cos it meant that Bolton didn't win and "Ooops, word censored!"nal did!!! Plus i was only a goal away from getting the man.u and Chelsea scores spot on!

Mmmm... however, I was only one goal off the correct scoreline in three of the games - which would have given me shedloads more points... :wink:

Phil

went to piccies with kids to see "Night at the Museum"

My brother went to see that today... Sounds like you had a good time - i like Romford, my grannys house in Gidea Park is lovely and Romford has much better shops then the town near me - and a cinema...

Even taking all those things into account we are still way above you in 'table of boff' Phil - i can't answer all your points - to late at night for my brain to work but i can't imagine Bolton getting any points for positive play ever!!!! :lol::lol::lol: And we're 2 points above you in the league now! See that gap widen!!!!

Have you got tickets for "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton yet???

BTW Wenger did see the sending off thought it was a bit harsh but accepts the referees decision! So there!!! :P

Mmm.. and he says that as if he has a choice in the matter!!

I bet the ref is mightily relieved that "Ooops, word censored!"ne has chosen to accept the decision of the ref... :roll:

8)

Phil

Even taking all those things into account we are still way above you in 'table of boff' Phil - i can't answer all your points - to late at night for my brain to work but i can't imagine Bolton getting any points for positive play ever!!!! :lol::lol::lol: And we're 2 points above you in the league now! See that gap widen!!!!

Have you got tickets for "Ooops, word censored!"nal - Bolton yet???

it is indeed a table of boff!!! it isn't a fair-play table - because the only column that you do "better" than us in is the "positive play" column - and that is a matter of subjective judgement!

in the dirty/cheating play elements of the table - eg. red and yellow cards, respect for officials... you score far worse than we do

you have loads more red/yellow cards than we do..

therefore "Ooops, word censored!"nal = dirty side QED!! 8)

as for tickets.. they don't go on open sale until the 23rd - to non-season ticket holders like me...

as for the league - it is very satisfying to a Bolton fan that a fan of "Ooops, word censored!"nal should be so happy (& relieved) to be a mere 2 points above Bolton at this staqe of the season considering the size of the two clubs...) :lol:

Phil

we doing sunday games??

my predicition is spurs 2 newcastle 2

no! :wink:

we're only doing "Ooops, word censored!"nal/bolton/villa/chelsea games..

else it'll turn into a monster!!

What a stressful afternoon... Anyway...

Mmm.. and he says that as if he has a choice in the matter!!

He could appeal if he wanted, Mr know it all!!!

as for the league - it is very satisfying to a Bolton fan that a fan of "Ooops, word censored!"nal should be so happy (& relieved) to be a mere 2 points above Bolton at this staqe of the season considering the size of the two clubs...)

Its not that i am relieved we are above you - Bolton are hardly a challenge to the mighty "Ooops, word censored!"nal in the long term! I just like reminding you of who's the better team Phil!!!

..did you a favour - it's currently 3-2 to newcastle - just the job for the toon to take some points off the spuds.. keeps the chasing pack at bay!

8)

Phil

I can't find the grand totals so far this season of yellow and red cards for "Ooops, word censored!"nal and Bolton but i have found this on Sky Sports....

Bolton average yellow cards at home - 1.6 per game Away - 2.6

No sendings off at home 0.2 average away

"Ooops, word censored!"nal average yellow cards at home - 1.3 per game away - 1.9 per game

No sendings off at home 0.1 average away

I don't think either of us read 'the table of boff' right Phil beacuse it had Blackburn witha low score for cards and that can't be right either!!!

Now who's the dirty team????

I am ashamed to say that as a child I used to sing this at the top of my voice with my family when we were on bike rides in the country. It was one of my favourites....

We are a London family who relocated to the country, so all of us support various London clubs, which certainly makes life interesting... Dad is a Hammer (poor soul), youngest brother, the Chels, middle brother Spurs (eek) and oldest Fulham. With me liking "Ooops, word censored!"nal, we have some great family discussions, but "Blue is the colour" has to be the best footie song...ever, so sing away!

(I was referring to Phil's constant goading of poor Helen re the table she posted...... and how he has now gone quiet since her last post..... ) :wink:

Chelsea!!! I can sing louder then you!!!

WE LOVE YOU "Ooops, word censored!"NAL WE DO, WE LOVE YOU "Ooops, word censored!"NAL WE DO, WE LOVE YOU ARRRRSSSSENNNAAALLLLL WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH "Ooops, word censored!"NAL WE LOVE YOU!!!!

You're right Annie Phil has gone quiet! He can dish it out but he can't take it! :wink: .............