gooner.girl

Football Chat

I read that in the sun too Phil. not sure whether I believe though! :?

I would rather have him than pay £20 million for micah richards from man city (bit pricey eh?)

I just think we need a solid, reliable, "defend anything" player (like JT), and I dont want a big name....just someone who can help keep a clean sheet :wink:

they're 'avin a larf!! £20 million? he's nowhere near as good as Tal Ben Haim.. but that's the premium you pay for English players - and Chelsea have made their bed by spending stupid money before...

here's to a bidding war between Abramovich and Magnusson... (or Eggy as he has become known!)

then BigSam can pick up another unknown defender for peanuts who turns out to be a world beater - and on we go!!

Phil

Back from work (early finish :D which is just as well as i have Harriers later) only to find you're talking about rubbish Bolton players going to Chelsea... Yawn!

I like the cartoon though Phil, did you say its up on your wall?

Good to hear Chelsea have Liverpool at the weekend that means "Ooops, word censored!"nal will (hopefully) gain some points (if they beat Man.U :? ) on at least 2 of the top 3! :D:D:D:D

Apparently we have offered 1.5 million so far....but bolton holding out for more.

I dont think we should pay much more though for a player whose out of contract in the summer.

mourinho interested in Benny Mccarthy, I personally dont think we need another striker.

Back from work (early finish :D which is just as well as i have Harriers later) only to find you're talking about rubbish Bolton players going to Chelsea... Yawn!

I like the cartoon though Phil, did you say its up on your wall?

Good to hear Chelsea have Liverpool at the weekend that means "Ooops, word censored!"nal will (hopefully) gain some points (if they beat Man.U :? ) on at least 2 of the top 3! :D:D:D:D

Please. I hope you beat Man'ure. :pray:

I DO NOT want to lost to Liverpool, I hate Liverpool :evil: losing to liverpool is not something I want to contemplate, their fans are so annoying! :lol:

Mmmm.. Gooners (like ManUre fans) have a famously small attention span for anything football-related that's not directly related to their own club... :wink:

Phil

Apparently we have offered 1.5 million so far....but bolton holding out for more.

I dont think we should pay much more though for a player whose out of contract in the summer.

mourinho interested in Benny Mccarthy, I personally dont think we need another striker.

to buy Benny McCarthy would be an admission that Shev was a massive mistake...

why don't Chelsea do their own scouting for once?

as for Ben Haim - he is worth way more than 1.5million - that'd be daylight wobbery - but (as you say) he is out of contract in summer... we'd swap him for Carvalho - but I guess that'd defeat the purpose!!

having said that - Chelsea need cover NOW - not next season - so it's a matter of how much Chelsea thank they need cover for Terry - and whether they want to get into a bidding war with Wet Spam...

bring it on, I say!

Phil

Mmmm.. Gooners (like ManUre fans) have a famously small attention span for anything football-related that's not directly related to their own club...

Thats cos every other football team is so boring compared to "Ooops, word censored!"nal. :wink:

I'm an "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan first and a general football fan second. I can't abide watching England play and don't support them whatsoever.

Mmmm.. Gooners (like ManUre fans) have a famously small attention span for anything football-related that's not directly related to their own club...

Thats cos every other football team is so boring compared to "Ooops, word censored!"nal. :wink:

I'm an "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan first and a general football fan second. I can't abide watching England play and don't support them whatsoever.

That's because "Ooops, word censored!"nal have no English players - you support France, don't you?? :wink:

Actually - I'm pretty much the same... :lol:

Phil

Aston who??? :wink:

I just support whichever team has the most "Ooops, word censored!"nal players Phil (so yes France i supose... :oops: ) I like Sweden as well.

I just can't get my head round supporting players i dislike week in week out, eg Wayne Rooney when they play for England. I know a lot of PROPER football fans feel the same IMHO its only fairweather football fans that go all OTT whenever England are playing.

(and lets face it they're rubbish anyway - play the best "Ooops, word censored!"nal 11 vs the England 11 and i bet "Ooops, word censored!"nal would win - mind you probably the best Villa 11 could as well! :lol: ...)

Im also "club" before country like Helen. Watching England is SO boring, and now mclaren is in charge its gonna be even worse. :?

Chelsea have offered big Sam lassana Diarra (young makalele) and he has said no.

Dont blame them as the little **** has shown little respect to the manager recently. They want rid quick me thinks.

Chelsea have offered big Sam lassana Diarra (young makalele) and he has said no.

I heard that! It shows that Chelsea are actually interested - and Bolton hold all the cards - we're already resigned to losing TBH - the club are prepared to write off what we paid for him (two buttons and a pickled egg) in return for increased chance of uefa qualification if he stays.. (and then leaves on a free)

Sam will take it right to the wire - he is a seasoned brinkmanship-meister - I'm sure Chelsea will end up offering us better than that!!

8)

Phil

meanwhile...

Bolton are offering free travel to the "Ooops, word censored!"nal FA Cup tie... so we should have an away following after all!!

Phil

I hope that means you'll still be able to get a ticket Phil??? I expect so because its live on Sky isn't it and as Martin has said before Bolton have a dire away following (probably why they're offering free transport)

Do you not have to do any evening services/youth groups that day then?

We are going to try and get tickets when they go on sale tomorrow...

Im also "club" before country like Helen. Watching England is SO boring, and now mclaren is in charge its gonna be even worse.

Glad i'm not the only one Chelsea! I hate the fact that the exciting (premiership) football has to stop for 2 weeks and that all these non-football supporters suddenly get all excited and think they know it all just cos they watch England once in a while! (sorry will get down off soapbox AGAIN :oops: )

We're the best team in the northern half of the country!

By what measurement is Villa in the North??

southerners!!!!

Phil

When you live in the Midlands, you can belong to either the North or the South - haven't you ever watched the weather forecast?? :roll:

When you live in the Midlands, you can belong to either the North or the South - haven't you ever watched the weather forecast?? :roll:

:lol:

uk-map.gif

as you can see.. nothing below Manchester has any real claim to "North" - Birmingham is quite clearly in the south!

Phil

Try telling the weather forecasters then! In fact - try telling them it's somewhere in the middle! :twisted: I'm fed up with trying to pick our weather out of all the info relating either to the north or the south east - the Midlands doesn't exist :roll:

Even the Midlands weather is a load of rubbish - they frequently manage to tell us what has just happened and what may happen in the next two hours :roll: