gooner.girl

Football Chat

Hi all!

No doubt Phil will be on to give his version of events in a bit :roll::wink: but i was somewhat relieved to salvage a draw given we went a goal down! And he was happy with a draw...

First half was boring as, not many chances for either side and the Bolton fans were quiet as mice. I was sitting diagonally opposite Phil in the stadium. (resisted the urge to pull faces in his general direction... :lol: ) Our seats were fine, dunno about his? The crowd was just under capacity, 59,000 something.

Second half perked up when they scored and the last 20 minutes were manic (so Annie, yes the commentators would have got a bit more excited) We got a well deserved equaliser and could have had a second but for a great save by Jaaskelainen and a goal line clearence by one of their defenders...

Oh well, we'll thrash 'em at the reebok, we always win up there! :wink::?

Met Phil afterwards for a drink (eventually after a mix up in what shop we met up outside - these old men... memory goes after a while you know :wink: ) Anyhow it was lovely to meet him and we had a good old chat - he's the first person i've met off the forum and if the rest of you are as nice, i can't wait to meet you! :D Will post a pic or 2 in a minute...

Helen

x

I will save match comments until tomorrow - and (for my part) suspend banter for the evening -

because I just wanted to say how fabulous it was to meet Mike & Helen this afternoon - I had a great afternoon out - what a lovely couple

(as you can imagine, Mike seems to have bags of patience - and a long-suffering look!!)

As I said - lovely people... it's just a crying shame they seem to have been sucked into this weird North London cult called the "Goonies" - or "Goolies" - or summat like that!!

here's the photos without the scary red-eye.. (actually, Helen's eyes ARE bright red - but I have removed it so as "Ooops, word censored!"ody gets nightmares...)

gooner1.jpg

gooner2.jpg

8)

Phil

(Plenty of ammunition for banter-resumption tomorrow!!)

(as you can imagine, Mike seems to have bags of patience - and a long-suffering look!!)

Charming, probably true... But Humph! :evil:

(actually, Helen's eyes ARE bright red - but I have removed it so as "Ooops, word censored!"ody gets nightmares...)

Thanks Phil, for yet another flattering comment... :?

actual scores...

Chelsea 3 Nottingham 0

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 Bolton 1

Martin: 1pt

Sheila: 1pt

Phil: 3pts

Helen: 1pt

Chelsea: 1pt

so the updates table leaves a top-three tie.... and Martin propping us up...

name                         c/s          c/r            total

Chelsea                       1           4                 7
Helen                           1           4                 7
Phil                              1           4                 7

Sheila                          1           3                 6
Martin                          1           2                 5

c/s = correct score = 3pts

c/r = correct result = 1pt

I've just popped onto to see how you 2 got on! Glad you enjoyed it, very jealous. I was in a real football mood this weekend, and I'm now annoyed with "Ooops, word censored!"nal because SkySports were going tov show Newcastle vs Villa but now they are showing "Ooops, word censored!"nal vs Spurs!!!!!!!!! I bet they're gutted now that we've signed Ashley Young and John Carew since they did this! It's a shame I won't be able to watch their debuts, but I'll be at their home debuts on Saturday!

I'm currently searching for a decent away game opportunity!

Also, Hellen- Any ideas where I could get Brazil vs Portugal tickets?

I was in a real football mood this weekend, and I'm now annoyed with "Ooops, word censored!"nal because SkySports were going tov show Newcastle vs Villa but now they are showing "Ooops, word censored!"nal vs Spurs!!!!!!!!! I bet they're gutted now that we've signed Ashley Young and John Carew since they did this!

Martin they want to show a GOOD team (thats "Ooops, word censored!"NAL not spurs :wink: ) in the semifinal of a cup competition, nicely poised at 2-2, not some middle of the road premiership clubs in a boring premiership game :wink::lol:

Going to bed now, Night xx

Does this mean my Dad would get in free, it's very confusing!

Concessionary ticket prices are as follows and includes a free place for an accompanying carer/companion:

Centre Upper - £25

Centre Upper Back - £20

Next to Centre Upper - £20

Next to Centre Upper Back - £17.50

Wing Upper - £17.50

Wing Upper Back - £17.50

Corner Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper Back - £17.50

Centre Lower - £17.50

Wing Lower - £15.00

Corner Lower - £15.00

Goal Lower - £15.00

Club Level Halfway Line - £35.00

Club Level Midfield - £30.00

Club Level Behind Goal - £25.00

Club Level Corner - £25.00

Concessionary ticket prices are as follows and includes a free place for an accompanying carer/companion:

Centre Upper - £25

Centre Upper Back - £20

Wing Upper - £17.50

Wing Upper Back - £17.50

Corner Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper Back - £17.50

Centre Lower - £17.50

Wing Lower - £15.00

Corner Lower - £15.00

Goal Lower - £15.00

Eh? Where did you get that from Martin? Haven't seen that on the website though have to say was surprised there were only expensive tickets left.......

Centre Upper - £25

Centre Upper Back - £20

Wing Upper - £17.50

Wing Upper Back - £17.50

Corner Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper - £17.50

Goal Upper Back - £17.50

Centre Lower - £17.50

Wing Lower - £15.00

Corner Lower - £15.00

Goal Lower - £15.00

Eh? Where did you get that from Martin? Haven't seen that on the website though have to say was surprised there were only expensive tickets left.......

It's in the disabled supporters section. Then there is a ..

gap in the text like above. Then it says all that, consessions is what I normally have! :?

Charming, probably true... But Humph! :evil:

(actually, Helen's eyes ARE bright red - but I have removed it so as "Ooops, word censored!"ody gets nightmares...)

Thanks Phil, for yet another flattering comment... :?

OK! sorry!! (I just couldn't resist - and I thought it might be a bit too big a shock to the system if I only wrote nice things about you!)

here's the truth.. Helen is (believe it or not) a real sweetie.. :D

I thought it was "Ooops, word censored!"nal weren't quite themselves, lots of chances. Same old Bolton...

now then young man... you didn't think you'd be allowed to get away with slipping that little gem in did you?? :lol:

let's play the panel game "guess who scored it".. I shall describe the five goals form "Ooops, word censored!"nal and Bolton's most recent two encounters.. see if you can guess which team scored each goal

(remember: "Ooops, word censored!"nal score silky-skilled goals including lots of passes and a final tap into the net.. Bolton only score from set-plays...)

goal1: A glorious 35yard drive into the top left hand corner, beating the goalie all ends up

goal2: A scintillating defense-splitting pass that sends the pacey striker screaming towards goal before cooly slotting past the despairing keeper

goal3: A thumping header from a Centre-back from a well-worked free-kick

goal4: A scrambled header from a corner, deflected off a defender's leg

goal5: A scabby header from a corner that loops in after bouncing off the turf...

goal6: An intricate passing move on the edge of the area which leaves the defense standing and results in a tap-in past a despairing goalie and near-post defender...

Aye... same old Bolton, same old "Ooops, word censored!"nal... :lol:

(answers on a postcard!)

Phil