MadAboutChooks

I had to Smile!

Let the chooks in their outside run this am, which is enclosed by Omlet netting, and left my Golden Retreiver outside to Chook Watch! Just went to check all is well, and no chickens! Obviously 1 maybe 2 maybe laying in the eglu, but when I checked all 3 were in their trying to lay... Ahh... Bless Sometimes you just can't wait! :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh how sweet, bet they dare not misbehave with a gun dog watching over them.

How is the dog with them? My parents have a Golden Retriever puppy aged 6 months, we wonder what he would be like with them, if they ever wanted to come over and stay etc. They are beautiful dogs.

My retriever is great with them, cluckbok she watches them for me, although I not sure what she would do if a fox actually came in the garden?? (probably just ignore it, I expect!)but think ishe is more of a deterrant. I'm sure that your retriever will get used to the chickens just fine. They are such easy going dogs. Mine just lets the chickens virtually walk all over her, and she just lays there asleep :D

Hi there

I nearly cracked up laughing today with my 3 new ex batt girls. Had let them out to free range, suddenly Pearl grabbed something and legged it at superspeed with Ruby and Emerald in hot pursuit. It was like somethng out of a comedy sketch. The offending object turned out to be a slow worm (small one) which somehow she managed to eat with the others having a bun fight over it. I didnt know chickens could eat slow worms but this one did. What a hoot to watch.

Madchick :D