sundayatwindsor Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 Hello We have been raising some chicks which we think are 5/6 weeks old. We have no clue what breed of chickens they are or whether they are boys or girls. I attatch links to some pictures that might be helpful. We have not named them yet till we know what sex they are. Chick 2 and 4 have feathery trousers and feathers on their feet. They are supposed to be Bantams but chick 1 seems pretty big! Any help appreciated Thank you http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/uwalakab/CHICK1.jpg http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/uwalakab/CHICK2.jpg http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/uwalakab/CHICK3.jpg http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/uwalakab/CHICK4.jpg Hope the pictures work as have never attatched photos before ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 I ahve no idea, but they are cuties!, you appear to have a few boys there I think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 Hope the pictures work as have never attatched photos before ! You just need to put [img=http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/uwalakab/CHICK1.jpg] but the picture is a bit big to post, select the medium option Not sure what chick 1 is, but has big wattles, maybe a boy. Chick 2 looks like a pekin bantam, with quite a bit of head gear for 5 weeks, so possibly a boy. Not sure what chick 3 is, but its looking more girly Chick 4 looks like a frizzle to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks Chick 1 does look like it will be standard chicken size, it could be a Cuckoo Marans and is almost certainly a boy Chick 2 looks like a blue pekin and could be a boy Chick 3 looks much younger, I'm not sure what it is but looks like it might be a boy Chick 4 looks like a columbian pekin, very pretty and looks like it might have frizzled feathers (or is just a scruff bag!) and is another boy Did someone give you these or did you hatch them? It seems strange that they could all be boys I'm no expert mind! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sundayatwindsor Posted July 19, 2009 Author Share Posted July 19, 2009 thank you for your replies - vvvv long story how we ended up with these chicks, to put it briefly we have had dealings with a vvv dodgy chicken man. It would not surprise me if they are all boys. We have a home for the chicks if they turn out to be boys but I'm desperate for at least some girls that we can keep after the expense, effort and love that has gone into them. Fingers crossed -that is the risk you take for cute chicks I suppose! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 Gorgeous pics but I thought the same as Redwing - all boys, sorry! Although I hasten to add I am no expert! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 19, 2009 Share Posted July 19, 2009 I'm guessing boy, boy, girl, boy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...