Cate in NZ

MSN

Does anyone here MSN? I'm having complaints from my 2 darlings :roll: who've been arguing all evening because they can't instant message on MSN any longer. Apparently the rumours flying around at the moment are suggesting that MSN are introducing charges to use their instant messaging service :shock: . Whenever they try to message their friends they recieve a message saying that the message cannot be sent. So my telephone line has been engaged half of the evening with discontented teenagers, not getting their MSN fix :shock:

Is anyone here able to cast any light on this problem?

Does anyone here MSN? I'm having complaints from my 2 darlings :roll: who've been arguing all evening because they can't instant message on MSN any longer. Apparently the rumours flying around at the moment are suggesting that MSN are introducing charges to use their instant messaging service :shock: . Whenever they try to message their friends they recieve a message saying that the message cannot be sent. So my telephone line has been engaged half of the evening with discontented teenagers, not getting their MSN fix :shock:

Is anyone here able to cast any light on this problem?

Hold onto those horses for a moment... Before you cut them off MSN - I suspect this is all a big hoax. I don't think MSN are introducing charges for IM..

there used to be a hoax email about your MSN little-green-man turning blue unless you copied this email to 18 people because MSN were about to introduce charging..

I suspect it's merely a local glitch - and it will work fine tomorrow - perhaps a busy dial-up connection - that's the most likely explanation.

I'd keep hold of MSN for now...

I know i'm not a teenager - but my MSN is fine and has worked without glitch all day - and my son has been on his all night too...

there is no talk of new charges as far as I am aware..

Thanks for the comments Phil and Martin, we'll not panic just yet and wait and see what tomorrow brings. That said I have to admit I'm loving the idea that MSN might be unavailable, no one has challenged my right to hog the computer all evening :wink: I might feel the need to perpetuate the no MSN rumour tomorrow :oops::oops::oops:

just out of interest - where did you hear about these alleged new charges, martin? A quick scouring of the web reveals no news stories or announcements about it...

In an email.

:oops:

no need for embarassment, Martin - the email hoax is based on a half-truth. Basic MSN Instant Messaging is free - and will remain free. On top of that they added optional extras - you can pay for backgrounds or avatars or other fancy bells and whistles to add to it... (not sure why you'd want to - but people do)

Phil

When my teenage cousin was on tour in New Zealand this summer on a school hockey / rugby tour we used MSN with the webcams to have a video chat with him! 8)

Wow, school trips have got a little more adventurous than when I was at school then :shock:

I'm going to Disneyland in Paris in March. 8)

I'm also going to the Good Clothes Show at the NEC on 6th December.

Already been to a tech trip and the houses of parliament and london eye this term!

How come you got the idea from desperate housewives?

One of the working mum's put a webcam on her laptop for the same reason - stuck at work late and wanted to see her children.

I loved that series - when's the next one coming??

Let me guess, Dan - you have a thing for Bree Van De Kamp, eh? :wink:

Phil

Let me guess, Dan - you have a thing for Bree Van De Kamp, eh? :wink:

How did you guess?! I like Bree (and Lynette) but it is Gabrielle Solis for me.

Oh man! She's gorgeous! 8)8)8)

Eva Longoria... (in the L'oreal adverts - a bit wooden!) Mmmm.. a bit obvious for me.. (I must be getting old!) - it wouldn't put me off a career in gardening though.... :wink: (the chinese maid, Xiao-Mei - now she's a different story altogether!)

I did used to fancy terri hatcher - when she was in superman - but all I could think in desperate Housewives was that she needs a good feed!!

Phil

I did used to fancy terri hatcher - when she was in superman - but all I could think in desperate Housewives was that she needs a good feed!!

Phil

Good man!

She looks like a praying mantis if you ask me - all nasty sharp points & angles :?

It is a great show,isn't it?

Can't wait for the next series to run (that & the re run of Six Feet Under which I somehow completley missed :roll: )