Fur 'n' Feathers Posted July 27, 2009 Share Posted July 27, 2009 Some people will have read that I have been studying (hence why I don't get on the forum at times). I've been studying for an MSc, which has been funded by my NHS employer (I'm still pinching myself). I've suddenly realised that 2 of the 3 years have gone - I've just got my latest module marks back which brings me to 105 of the 180 credits I need - with a really good overall average. For anyone else thinking of doing this type of study I thoroughly recommend it. It has been specialist to my work and has taken the form I guess of masterclasses in my specialist areas of work. I've got one more short module to do in December then I start my dissertation. I've found it so helpful to my practice - and that's where it counts. Working for the NHS and running some private work as well has left me little time for study but it's been so interesting. So, at 51 I continue to be what Fur refers to as a professional student I blame my parents.... they always taught us education is personal first Feathers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackiepoppies Posted July 27, 2009 Share Posted July 27, 2009 Congratulations and good luck with your next bit That is some achievement, you must feel very proud of yourself Jx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted July 27, 2009 Share Posted July 27, 2009 Well done. Well on the way to success. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 27, 2009 Share Posted July 27, 2009 Well done. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted July 27, 2009 Share Posted July 27, 2009 well done, it's very hard studying and working at the same time, I applaud you for doing it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted July 28, 2009 Share Posted July 28, 2009 brilliant only 12 months to go well done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...