Chook n Boo Mum

Beehaus in First News (children's newspaper)

Oh dear ...... I first saw the Cube in my children's First News that was advertised a few weeks before launch and I ended up investigating and then buying an eglu.

I shall hide the First News from my kids ........... unless they've read it already as it comes in the post on subscription. :doh: They do get inspiration from reading it, looks like I might have to start saving.

We had Bees in two hives at the back of our science lab at secondary modern school in Herts(never thought it was unusual seemed pretty normal to me at the time looking back)

I did my science project on them , my friend and I use to sit for hours counting them in and out (weather light etc) we thought it was quite normal.

Looking back never even questioned the honey side as my grandmothers neighbour had empty hives in London and showed me the honey combs & inside a hive

Would be good if more schools could look at this then

indie :)

At junior school we had chickens and took it in turns on a rota to look after them(I was so pleased to get one egg). I gave it to my aunt who at the time was recovering from cancer..it was so precious egg and taken to her in London! She is still well and alive.

My neighbour & I attended the Mid Somerset Show last w/e and said the same thing - wouldn't it "bee" nice if more schools kept bees. She remembered them in the science lab at her school.

However, I can well imagine that "elf 'n' safety" would have something to say on the matter ...

Rgds,

Pat & Steve

We've been looking into getting bees for a bit and over the summer had just about made up our minds to pursue it further. Couldn't believe it when we got back from holiday and he found the new beehaus in his paper. Maybe it's meant to be. We can have bees and chickens with matching homes!!

xx