craftyhunnypie

Help needed with Freecycle!

Help! Hubby has joined two local freecycle groups this morning. We have a load of his dads furniture to give away. How does he know if the ads are live & how does he know if he has anyone wanting it? He is just getting a load of offers & taken emails. He did it all at 8am this morning. It's stressing him out as he just wants the furniture gone now. It's also been put on preloved.

Please help!

Thanks

Emma.x

Usually a new member of a Freecycle group has to be approved by a moderator before his messages go live, this generally happens within a couple of hours of him joining. The approval process is just to check that a new member if not a spammer. When his posts go live anyone interested in the items will e.mail your O.H. directly. Hope he gets some takers soon.

Tessa

Hi there,

I have only limited experience of freecycle, but got innundated with ads (taken, offered and so on) when I joined. If you go into 'edit membership' and then scroll down, you can tick your preferences for mails, and mine is set as 'web only', with all other things unticked, so I'm not getting these offers by email, just reading them online.

I guess that still allows people responding to your add to contact you, but that's the bit I'm not sure about... there are a few freecyclers on Omlet, I hope they'll be around soon to help.

Good luck,