Biker Chick

Ideas Please for a day out - end of this month

My best friend lives in Bristol and we live in Kent. The plan is that we are going to meet up on Friday 30th October, but so its fair, we want to meet half way between the two places. Looking at the map Reading seems to be about half way or we could go "down" the country, say Bournemouth way. Soooooo, what I was wondering, have you fantastic Omleteers any suggestions of places of interest that we could spend the day. The idea of sitting in a coffee shop all day isnt of much interest :lol: and obviously, we have no idea of what the weather will be like. We are both very keen on chickens (of course), but it doesnt have to be chicken related.

We would just like somewhere nice to spend the day but also be able have a good old gossip :wink:

Thank you in advance. You really are all a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Sue xx

What sort of things do you both like doing ?

Reading has lots of shops & restaurants.

Henley is a little out of your way (although not too far) and it's much nicer but very limited shopping.

Not much in the way of chickeny places around Reading (unless I've missed them so do tell me if anyone else knows of any)

Thank you both for your suggestions :D

She has just emailed me and I think its been settled, The Oracle in Reading, lots of shopping :lol: eating and chatting.

Sue x

Oooooooooo - my local! :lol:

Giraffe is good there, as is Yo Sushi! & there is a great burger place just inside the doors too.

Park at the Riverside rather than HolyBrook - its easier to get to when you have finished.

Have fun!!!

Thank you both for your suggestions :D

She has just emailed me and I think its been settled, The Oracle in Reading, lots of shopping :lol: eating and chatting.

Sue x

Oooooooooo - my local! :lol:

Giraffe is good there, as is Yo Sushi! & there is a great burger place just inside the doors too.

Park at the Riverside rather than HolyBrook - its easier to get to when you have finished.

Have fun!!!

Errr,s"Ooops, word censored!" the Burger place (Tootsies) - just heard that they have gone into admin :?