Surfnirvana

Agressive Pheasant in our garden!

At first we thought this was rather endearing. Greebo (the name we've given this pheasant) stalked us whilst we were in the garden. He would follow us around, stop when we stopped, run after us if we moved away quickly, but he did have a bit of an evil glint in his eye. :?

Yesterday, however, he attacked my neighbour, drawing blood! :shock: He chased after me when I fed the chickens (I gave him some corn but he's not interested) and the postman calls him Psycho!! As soon as I get into my car in the mornings, he runs after it - all I can see is his little head & big evil eyes in my mirror trying to keep up! :shock: When I arrive back home after work, he jumps out in our lane and chases the car again then tries to jump up and attack when I get out!! :shock:

He's had a couple of fights with my chickens, but then runs off.

I think he must be over zealous in guarding his territory, but if anyone has an idea (apart from dispatching him), to stop him being quite so aggressive, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

xxx

I have a dog that is obsessed with my chickens - I'll happily lend her! Psycho sounds like he could cure her of the problem! :lol:

Sorry, don't really have any sensible suggestions - would your local animal rescue collect and relocate him? :? I'm afraid I would go down the cullinary route as well :oops:

I was going more down the juniper berries route :lol:

Mmm - I can't say that Delia's "braised pheasant in Brandy sauce" hasn't crossed my mind! I will wait for OH to come home as he has been away for a few days and perhaps if he still continues to be such a menace (the pheasant not my OH! :D ), firmer action may be what's needed!! :)

I remember 'Phil' the pheasant two years ago from m childrens primary school.

He became very agressive with the children and started pecking on the windows trying to get into the class with the little ones on reception screaming. Eventually they had to call someone in to catch him after a couple of weeks!

Never did get to the bottom of what happened to him!

They can get very aggressive. As a child the local gamekeeper gave me a beautiful white chick which would have died in the wild. As an adult it killed 2 cockerals :shock:

Sensibly though I would personally either throw a blanket or towel over it and drive it to a more suitable location or shop for suitable side dishes :lol:

Thanks everyone for your replies. Greebo the pheseant was lurking near the gate when I went to feed the chickens on Saturday morning. He once again attached me, scratching my legs. It did look quite comical with me running up the garden with this wild, psycho bird chasing me like I owed him money!! :lol: I ran into the house, and had trouble closing the front door, as he had wedged his head round the side!! :shock: I gave him a shove and slammed the door, and went upstairs. I could see Greebo pacing round the front of the house and then he spotted me at the bedroom window grinning. He was insenced and flew up onto our conservatory roof and started pecking at our window!! I was starting to get paranoid at this point!! :shock:

5 minutes later, my OH went outside fully kitted up with wellies & gloves (well marigolds) and as soon as Greebo spotted him, he jumped down and started attacking my OH. OH stood up to Greebo, waving his arms and shouting. After many attempts to wound my OH, he backed down and flew off into the neighbouring field.

The good thing is that so far, this seems to have down the trick! Greebo hasn't bothered us at all yesterday or today. He had been seen lurking around, but hasn't actually come into our garden. Hopefully, he has learnt not to tackle us any more................. We shall see!!! :D

Thanks everyone for your replies. Greebo the pheseant was lurking near the gate when I went to feed the chickens on Saturday morning. He once again attached me, scratching my legs. It did look quite comical with me running up the garden with this wild, psycho bird chasing me like I owed him money!! :lol:

:lol: This image has really brightened up my Monday morning :lol: