Dolly Posted October 16, 2009 Share Posted October 16, 2009 Was at home all day today, girls outside enjoying the sunshine, when I heard a chicken bok-bokking. Stuck my head outside the patio door but it wasn't coming from my girls in the back garden. Looked out the window at the front of the house, and there was a chicken on the lawn! But she was my Lola, standing there clearly scared and shouting her head off!! The worrying thing is, the gate was closed tight and I've no idea how she got there! I checked around the back garden and there were a couple of small gaps under the fence but she would have had to walk through next door's garden, down their drive, along the path, up our drive and back into our front garden - I was really shaken up, anything could have happened to her. Off to buy loads of chicken wire to stuff under the fences tomorrow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 16, 2009 Share Posted October 16, 2009 Thank goodness you noticed her . At least it happened when you were around so you know the dangers . I have one that has managed to get over the Omlet netting a few times. I still haven't worked out how . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted October 16, 2009 Share Posted October 16, 2009 Is it possible that something/one gave her a fright and she just took off over the gate They do panic sometimes.. Don't they So glad you got her back. One of mine flew over the kitchen roof and into our inner court yard. I had the fright of my life when I saw her there. Someone had come in through the gate and not alerted me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 Phew lucky she didn't decide to explore the neighbourhood Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted October 19, 2009 Share Posted October 19, 2009 One of mine used to escape all the time and would wander in and out of neighbours gardens she ended up in the grounds of the infant school in the same road at home time one day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...