iar fach goch Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Have just bought tickets to go and see Bon Jovi at the 02 next June and am soooooo excited!!! :dance: Sister had promised to go with me but she pulled out last night so have found two friends to go with and am going to make a weekend of it. Hotel recommendations near the 02 anyone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Biker Chick Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Sorry, cant help with hotels, but I am I lurvvvve Bon Jovi and I am sure you will have a great time. Sue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 I'm not sure about hotels either but hopefully someone will come up with some ideas for you. I just wanted to say you'll have a fab time seeing Bon Jovi - I saw them in 1988 or 1989 (crikey that makes me feel so old) and they were absolutely brilliant, so I'm very Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 http://www.booking.com/landmark/gb/millennium-dome.en.html?aid=312627;label=landmark-gb-millennium-dome-en-HLpo2g5ht2Q5vNs3Ad5iiQC1063601026;ws=maps.google.co.uk&gclid=CNShvKHh1Z0CFdBb4wodlA1OsA Here you are, I would stick to a chain ie premier inn ,holiday inn etc..check out the hotel reviews etc as there are some right ropey ones in parts of London If you dont need to bring your car I would not bring it. Train it if you can, and use either public transport or black cab(just be aware if you get stuck in a traffic jam in cab ie rush hour it will cost you in a cab) But Londons transport system is good. I find Laterooms.com good for booking hotels Hope you have a good time & book early indie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Have a great time. Can't help with hotels but there seems to be pretty good advice there already. I was at Green Day at the O2 last night and they were excellent. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woodcat Posted October 24, 2009 Share Posted October 24, 2009 Have a great time. Can't help with hotels but there seems to be pretty good advice there already. I was at Green Day at the O2 last night and they were excellent. I was there tonight and they were fantastic i'm considering forking out for Bon jovi atm havn't quite decided yet The only thing i would say is that parking at the o2 arena is dead easy if you book it and it's not that hard to get to by car Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
iar fach goch Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 Thanks for all your advice, have decided to take the train down (too much of a wimp to drive in London!), am trying to decide whether it would be better to stay near 02 or elsewhere as we intend to do some (ok lots of) shopping the rest of the time. If your thinking of buying tickets I got mine early using the 02 priority scheme if you have an 02 phone, they don't go on general release until Friday, but some are already being offered for sale with various companies for three times what I paid for them!!!!! so it's worth finding someone who's an 02 customer if you're not. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoice Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 how much are the o2 priority tickets? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
iar fach goch Posted October 26, 2009 Author Share Posted October 26, 2009 Start at £45, then £65 and £75 and if you want star treatment £100 and £200 for a gold or platinum package!!!!! (whatever they may be!!!!!!). For that amount of money I'd want to spend the night with Jon Bon Jovi, on stage of course! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoice Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 i just bought mine. Cost me £75 before postage and fees. They did have £45 ones but they were behind the main stage (?) or the silver package was over £500 and the VIP was over £800!!!! yikes. Anyway, bit pricy but worth every penny i expect. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...