bigmommasally Posted October 27, 2009 Share Posted October 27, 2009 I've had my girls for just over a year now and since last November at least one of them has always laid an egg .......until today Its very sad to come back from the hen house with an empty egg basket Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted October 28, 2009 Share Posted October 28, 2009 Aww, I'm sure you'll have a bumper day tomorrow to make up for it - or check back later My one laying hen doesn't lay this early any more. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BocBoc Posted October 29, 2009 Share Posted October 29, 2009 I'm sure it's just a blip and they'll be back on track in no time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jools Posted October 29, 2009 Share Posted October 29, 2009 It's a real shocker isn't it! I've gone from half a dozen down to one or two a day now, so it's egg rationing time .... instead of you WILL have eggs for breakfast! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted October 29, 2009 Share Posted October 29, 2009 All of mine are moulting, but one os still laying - every 2-3 days I had to buy eggs this week, oh the shame of it all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted October 30, 2009 Share Posted October 30, 2009 Me too No eggs yesterday though I have had one extra early this morning. The Speckledy is just about at the end of a very tidy moult and the others are starting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted November 8, 2009 Share Posted November 8, 2009 All of mine are moulting, but one os still laying - every 2-3 days I had to buy eggs this week, oh the shame of it all Of my three, one is moulting, my remaining onmlet girl has given up laying now or if she does it is a softie and the third is just on strike with the others If things don't improve this week, I too will have to buy eggs for the first time since I got the girls and they started laying. Need more girls in the spring Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...