BeckyBoo

Getting two bunnies, not had one for ages so.....

....hi there, getting two bunnies two days after Christmas, a dwarf lop girl and a dutch girl, ones 6 months, the other 18 months, they currently live in a hutch and run in an unheated garage (which is why they're being rehomed - not getting enough attention where they are)

So, I have had a rabbit before, but not for a long time. I'm very kindly :wink: sacrificing a veg patch so they can be near the house. I was going to dig it over, put chicken wire down so they can't burrow out, then earth and turf, then put the run on top. They're coming with a wooden hutch as well so that'll be included in the run. My garden isn't secure so they'll have to be in there virtually permanently unless they become very tame (they need handling according to the guy I'm getting them from). Does that run arrangement sound OK? I've been looking at the various links on here and googling rabbits and things because I'm rather excited, and the children don't know so I can't talk to them about it!! :D

BeckyBoo

Fab!! our rabbits are not freerangers because of the garden, dogs an me not being convinced they would come back :lol: there are just too many places to hide. They love being by the back door so everytime we let the dogs out, talk to the chickens :oops: or just go out for anything they get attention :D

It's worth making sure the runis secure too, as we lost a beautiful dutch rabbit quite a few years ago when he was killed by a neighbours cat just before I put him in for the night :cry:

They sould like they will be really happy :D

Karen x

We have rabbits!! Blossom and Smudge arrived today, they are currently in temporary accomodation whilst I adapt their hutch and run (run needs to be bigger I reckon) but they are fab! The kids know nothing about it, when they come back from their Dads tomorrow they're in for a lovely surprise!!

well, here they are, i had to make a temporary run with the left over cube extension pending building work thjs Sunday.

this is Blossom, shes the most confident;

december2009122.jpg

december2009136.jpg

and this is Smudge, much shyer;

december2009134.jpg

december2009135.jpg

they're lovely and the kids were beside themselves when they got home!

BeckyBoo