whoopsie Posted January 4, 2010 Share Posted January 4, 2010 I wish we'd gone to see that instead of Nine. I was standing behind a group who'd just come out of it (in the loo queue - well where else do you have these conversations?) and it sounded SO much better. Nine is ok but very self indulgent and IMO only has one really good number in it. No, I don't know what the title means either! Guess we should book some more cinema tickets.....Orange Wednesday here we come! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted January 4, 2010 Share Posted January 4, 2010 I was very excited to see this but unfortunately was tired and nearly fell asleep a couple of times. Was very good though, its the darker scenes that do me in when i'm tired and there were quite a few in there (i mean dark as in night not dark film lol, i know what i mean) Hubby dragged me to Avatar that i really didn't fancy but really enjoyed it even in 2D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted January 4, 2010 Share Posted January 4, 2010 I wish we'd gone to see that instead of Nine. I was standing behind a group who'd just come out of it (in the loo queue - well where else do you have these conversations?) and it sounded SO much better. Nine is ok but very self indulgent and IMO only has one really good number in it. No, I don't know what the title means either! It's the film of the Broadway version of the musical of Fellini's 8½, itself a stupidly-named film meaning nothing other than that Fellini thought it was his eighth and a half film because he'd made six full features, two shorts and a collaboration which he counted as being seven and a half films. Presuntuoso? Lui?! 8½ is oft-quoted as one of the most amazing films ever made (by filmy types), so this seems like a bold/nuts remake. Very glossy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted January 5, 2010 Share Posted January 5, 2010 I wish we'd gone to see that instead of Nine. I was standing behind a group who'd just come out of it (in the loo queue - well where else do you have these conversations?) and it sounded SO much better. Nine is ok but very self indulgent and IMO only has one really good number in it. No, I don't know what the title means either! It's the film of the Broadway version of the musical of Fellini's 8½, itself a stupidly-named film meaning nothing other than that Fellini thought it was his eighth and a half film because he'd made six full features, two shorts and a collaboration which he counted as being seven and a half films. Presuntuoso? Lui?! 8½ is oft-quoted as one of the most amazing films ever made (by filmy types), so this seems like a bold/nuts remake. Very glossy. AAARRRGGG! Great explanation though - maybe they should have put that at the beginning! I shall track down 8 1/2. Presuntuoso indeed!! One thing though that really stood out was Fergie. I had NO idea she has a voice like that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...