foreveryoung

bernard matthews food products

He's not giving any refunds.

To be fair, both DEFRA and the FSA have stated that properly cooked products pose no risk to human health, and the only reason there was talk of product recalls was because there is a risk if infected products come into contact with other birds or animals, so there really is no need for him to offer refunds.

will I get a refund......................... hummmmmmmmmmm tight xxx!!

should I stop buying the b/m products errrrrrrrrrrr!! well I will be!!

hounestly dosnt give you much confidence in the product dose it??

They might as well say eg, if you find a funcky egg just cook it thoughaly and it will be fine!!

:vom::vom:

could always mince and puree him up to see how he likes it lol :vom::vom::vom:

blur yuk

I don;t want to be seen as a BM 'supporter', because I'm most certainly not, however.......

1) He's not offering refunds as both DEFRA and the FSA have declared turkey products to be safe, and

2) I would imagine that a 'Norfolk' turkey mearly has to set foot in Norfolk, or be slaughtered in Norfolk to be classed as a 'Norfolk Turkey'.

The fact is, if everyone stops buying BM products because of this, then something good has come out of it - we buy less, he needs to keep fewer turkeys, less turkeys have to put up with the nightmare of living in one of his sheds.

But the Hungarian turkeys in question never did set foot in England! Bernard Matthews is importing 37 tonnes of partly-processed turkey meat from a bird-flu-ridden part of Hungary every single week: that makes an awful lot of foreign turkey twizzlers.

Look at this page on Bernard Matthews' site. It says: "Bernard Matthews today produces 8 million turkeys every year in the UK, feeding them a strictly vegetarian diet from the company's own feed mills and rearing them on 54 farms throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. The company prides itself on creating healthy, high quality turkeys, maintaining the highest standards of agriculture and bird welfare and meeting all regulations and standards from official bodies."

The details don't really matter, however: provided that bird flu doesn't spread and the spotlight remains on Bernard Matthews and his ilk, this outbreak will prove to have been a very good thing.

The sad thing is what this means to the poultry industry. I personally can't think of a BM product that is remotely like the real thing. Good welfare means good taste.

I would say look at the big picture and support the British Farmer but not factory farming, if you beileive this is part of the probelm.

i don't think the food is of concern for avian flu but it's processed or of poor standard as far as I am concerned.

BBx

my husband who works with live poultry says that his company will be greatly reducing the "standard" broiler shed birds because customers are buying a lot more free range and organic chicken which is excellent news.

His company currently process over 500,000 birds a week :shock: which is a mixture of standard, free range and organic.