Tutti Frutti

Yet another bargain perch - for a WIR £1.42

I've been looking to install some new perches in the WIR... looking at towel rails on ebay and almost bought a broom handle but it's too round and bet my fussy girls wouldn't use it!

Anyway, found this in Wickes, it's a pre-treated decking balustrade with a square cross-section and each end cut at 45 degrees so it fits perfectly across a corner!

Bargain - just fitted two! :)

Here we go :) You are right though, no pics with chooks standing on them -yet ;)

perch1.JPG

perch2.JPG

I did manage to put Tallulah on one but she was a wuss and bleated for help to get off this torture instrument :shock: I managed to bribe Roxy up onto it by tempting her with a bowl of porridge and raisins :lol: but it worked and she followed it and then ate really happily on it - result!

At one point, I had all four eating the porridge - I put it on top of the Eglu and Ursula perched whilst the other three stood on the shelf. We'll get there - better had, I've bought some more!

And one of Sophia, the only one to stand still long enough to get a picture :)

Sophia.jpg

PS Excuse the carpet underlay on the (purple eglu) and the mishmash of shower curtains and tarps - all will be sorted when the weather improves :) And that plastic table top under the Eglu is brilliant but makes me wish I had a giant lazy susan :lol:

I've been looking to install some new perches in the WIR... looking at towel rails on ebay and almost bought a broom handle but it's too round and bet my fussy girls wouldn't use it!

Anyway, found this in Wickes, it's a pre-treated decking balustrade with a square cross-section and each end cut at 45 degrees so it fits perfectly across a corner!

Bargain - just fitted two! :)

Excellent - have saved your link to my ever-expanding favourites folder... Such a bargain and such help from the folk here! Ta everso. Send us a piccie with the chooks fully installed when you can!