shoura Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 I just struggled down to the end of the garden in the dark, in driving rain, to give the girls their treats and top up their pellets and water. They are usually keen on their water----but tonight of course they much preferred the muddy puddle at one end of the run!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 Keeping you on your toes - little madams Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Carol U Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 Sounds about par for the course! Mine don't really seem to enjoy their water till they've poo'd in it and flicked in a fair bit of hemcore. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 Mine have lovely water, treated with Lifeguard to keep them healthy or Apple Cider Vinegar to stop beasties, and mine would much rather drink out of a muddy puddle, or worse still will wait until my dog has cocked his leg up on the patio Best not tell me friends and family that have the eggs hey Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 Oh yes, mine do this too. Lovely brown puddle water, yum yum! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Boybeck Posted February 25, 2010 Share Posted February 25, 2010 I used to give mine tap water but ever since I got a water butt a year ago I give them rain water. I'm convinced it goes down a lot faster. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pipistrelle Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I keep reading about chickens drinking lot's but mine don't seem to. The glug works fine and I see them use it ok but the level barely goes down. This is their only access to water and they seem very healthy, laying lot's of eggs and tunneling for Britain in they're new run. Does any one else have chickens that aren't that thirsty? P x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 I know that my youngsters waste a lot of water because they seem to dip their head into the glug and flick it everywhere, and their water gets filthy with all the muck off their beaks. The older girls take a lot longer to get through their water. I have got a superglug too which some of them use but the level bearly goes down on that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pipistrelle Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 We did have a ground level water container but they seemed to prefer the glug I've just gone and changed the water in it for water from the water-but to see if they drink more of that. P x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...