susanbb

Avarian flu

Do you live near Bernard Matthews? I am not sure if hens in the exclusion zone still have to be kept under cover, and you would have to ask DEFRA about that.

But if you live elsewhere in the country, you weren't obliged to keep your hens in. Some of us keep them under cover in the run anyway in winter, and others may have thought it prudent to keep them in for a bit to show the neighbours they took health & safety seriously.

But unless you see Hungarian turkeys flying over your garden, the danger is minimal now.

But unless you see Hungarian turkeys flying over your garden, the danger is minimal now.

Now that I would love to see!!!

:shock::D:shock:

I spoke to a supplier who gets her stock from suffolk last week, and she was under the impression that the movement ban was lifted at the beginning of the week?!?

so do you think that's it til next year?

I do hope so... I really want to get one more bird (which would make three) mainly because if anything should happen to one of the girls the other wouldn't be left alone.

But I've just moved house and have new neighbours who might not be very receptive to the whole 'backyard chooks' idea.