Hi There. Have had my WIR for about 1 week and have a concrete base with aubiouse on top. Everyday I go in and poo pick what I can see, but even after such a short time it is already getting smelly!! How often do other people do a complete change. I was hoping for it to last ages!!! or was I being optimistic :?:

is there areas where its got wet? as I find if that happens when the rain lashes sideways it can be more whiffy than normal but nothing major.

Are you adding brokashi and garlic powder to their food?? I find this helps on the smell considerably.

How strange, do you rake it? It might just be sweat from the effort of them trying to get to each other. :wink::lol:

So true :lol::lol::lol: that must be what it is!! I havnt tried raking it do you think this will make a difference? I usually add garlic during the summer when smell seem to be worse with heat, but am just surprised that it is wiffy this time of year. Had very little rain and has roof and drop down tarpauline when wet, so thats not the problem :?:

I have used a mix of Hemcore and Miscanthus on my run floor and have had no offensive smells after 2 weeks. I also use a sprinkling of BioDri disinfectant powder which may help. I have heard that garlic pwder in the feed can reduce poo smells but have not used it with my lot as yet, I will wait until they are older. Kids don't like garlic much do they? :lol: