luotzabl

A question about poo...

Hi there!

My lovely furry creatures "Floss & Moss" who have been with us for 1 week do not seem to poo or wee inside their (green eglu). Instead, they prefer to go on the grass and always at he same spot which is not good for the grass and rather smelly. Their (green eglu) however is always spotless. What could I do to direct them to their eglu?

PS: I put a layer of newspaper, some wood shavings and hay in their eglu, is this right?

You could try putting a litter tray in the run in the area they want to use, and then gradually moving this closer to the eglu - or just leave it in the run and clean it out daily. Putting some soiled bedding in the eglu may help too. They are very habit-forming creatures and once they've found their loo spot, they don't like changing it! Bear in mind though that rabbits don't like to poo where they sleep, so if they currently use the eglu as their bed and you encourage them to use it as a toilet, they will probably start camping out in the run.

You could try putting a litter tray in the run in the area they want to use, and then gradually moving this closer to the eglu - or just leave it in the run and clean it out daily. Putting some soiled bedding in the eglu may help too. They are very habit-forming creatures and once they've found their loo spot, they don't like changing it! Bear in mind though that rabbits don't like to poo where they sleep, so if they currently use the eglu as their bed and you encourage them to use it as a toilet, they will probably start camping out in the run.

Thanks, I will give it a go. Thanks for your advice!