BarbaraJ Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 I have a camcorder but its a small tape type and though not huge I'm after a tiny one for NY next month , easy to carry around. I have a few cameras so not overly fussed that it takes stills but would prefer HD. It would need a card for memory as won't be able to charge it up via a pc while I'm away , which some need! I liked the look of the Sony Bloggie but the reviews were bad so won't get that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 I cant help I'm afraid, the only camcorder I ever had was the size of a shed Hopefully someone more useful will post in the morning for you! Lucky you going to NY Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
figarogir1 Posted May 9, 2010 Share Posted May 9, 2010 My husband works for Panasonic and so is obviously not biased but says have a look at the Panasonic SDR S50 (should be about £230) for standard definition or HDC SD60 (should be around £400) for HD recording. Both have SD cards so don't need a pc while you are away. Hope this helps and have a great time in NY. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted May 9, 2010 Share Posted May 9, 2010 We have a JCV Everio this one - its a few years old, but still great. Theres probably an updated HD version out at the moment. School also had a couple + like them too. Only bad thing is that the stills photos aren't the best. Got 20GB internal hard drive and has an SD card slot too if you ever ran out It does have a power cable to charge it up, but most should Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted May 9, 2010 Share Posted May 9, 2010 I have a Panasonic HDC-HS100, Was about £200 when I got it, does full HD and records onto hard disk or SD card. When I got it, it was the second best HD HDD camcorder on cnet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...