Having just been woken up by the deafening racket from Stacey, our Silkie, at 5:41am. We sleep at the front of the house so our neighbours cannot be happy as they are at the back and much nearer the girls than we are.

The racket always comes from a queue for the nesting box. Sure enough, this morning, they were all queuing for the box and, either Pamela or Nessa, had laid one on the floor of the run.

We've never really shut them in and would prefer not to but I can't have this noise so early in the morning. It got me thinking about whether anyone has two nesting boxes in their cube/run and whether this might work?

I like this idea.

Might knock something up. Trouble is, adding wood increases the chance of mites...

I would have thought Omlet could produce an arrangement with two or preferably three entry holes and moulded-in dividers.

Most of our hens prefer to lay alone, and if two reside, they crush up as far from each other as possible.

Come on, Omlet, here's an upgrade package that I think would sell !

We'd have three to start you off!