jsbates65

life expectancy?

I am new to chickens. . and curious what sort of life expectancy do they have?

I have two brooding chicks, and now ,and once they are in the Eglu they will be pampered birds. They will get the best feed, time out every day, treats, and the best environment I can provide.

If I don't encounter any illness, etc. . .what is the typical life span of the pampered chicken?

I have two sex-link chicks currently. . .little Rosemary & Clarisse.

THANKS

Hi

I think this is a difficult one to answer because it depends on their live quality, their breed, whether they get struck down by some kind of illness. I think it is fairly common for one to acheive the age of 4-5 although they can live longer (my parents have an 11 year old who still lays sometimes!).

Am sure someone else will post more info on this point..

Hope this helps

Hi

I think this is a difficult one to answer because it depends on their live quality, their breed, whether they get struck down by some kind of illness. I think it is fairly common for one to acheive the age of 4-5 although they can live longer (my parents have an 11 year old who still lays sometimes!).

Am sure someone else will post more info on this point..

Hope this helps

WOW :shock: That is amazing :D

Incase anyone is interested this is what Maisey looks like!

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11985

When I was younger our cat brought her home from the farm down the road when she was a chick and I rescued her from his mouth - she's now 11!

She's only ickle - here is a pic of her stood next to Clarissa - a 'normal' size chook.

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11988

Does anyone know what breed Maisey could be? We've never really known. Someone suggested a Friesan once....