pasq

Ginger was mawled by dog/fox?? Jan 2007

Just need some advice....

Back in January Ginger was mawled by next doors jack russell (well i'm guessing here), as i never saw it happen. Ginger has been her usual chirpy self, eating, drinking the usual.

She'd lost a good patch of feathers on her back near her tail. Took her to the vets and they gave her a course of antibiotics. The feathers are only just starting to sprout through.... Does it take that long?? Plus the skin is still really red and sore in places (no blood). Am i being inpatient?

It can take some time to refeather - esp. at this time of year.

Make sure that your other hen isn't pecking the feathers out as they appear. This would make her red and sore as well. If you think that is happening, try some purple spray and the feathers will be through in no time.

It can take some time to refeather - esp. at this time of year.

Make sure that your other hen isn't pecking the feathers out as they appear. This would make her red and sore as well. If you think that is happening, try some purple spray and the feathers will be through in no time.

Thanks Lesley -Any ideas where i can buy this purple spray- Price etc?