Guest RhysJordan

Ducklings here.

What is done is done and ti cannot be changed although i am sure you will do it differently next time. As for does everyone have a lamp / heat if they hatch under a broody - well yes i certainly do and i have only just hatched my first lot. mother nature throws up all kinds of problems. I hope that newbies to hatching heed warning from this thread and really research broody's and the problems that can occur. However there is nothing better than seeing a broody and her chicks. I hope that all has gone well and that your chicks are doing well.

I have just caught up with this thread and read it as a neutral non hatching party. I know diddly squat about hatching :anxious: To be fair, Rhys you posted in what appears, quite understandably, a panic. You received very good advise within 5 minutes (quicker than you would get an ambulance in many areas 8) ). Well done those Omleteers that offered advise and offer of practical help :clap: In instances like this, everyone's priority is the welfare of the animals in question. Not everyone has the time to construct their answers in such a way that the tone of the post is not sweetness an light. Rhys, you are not the first one that will have approached hatching a little under prepared and neither will you be the last unfortunately. The criticism that you received would have been levelled at anyone in your position and was constructive. You did however receive a good deal of very good advise and I think that you have been perhaps overly sensitive to the criticism.

You asked about what to do with your broody a week or two ago and we all said that she should be separated and that even if she kicked up a fuss it had to be done unless she gave up.

I agree Plum, not everyone has a heat lamp but everyone should have the chick crumb, feeder, drinker way before the due date.

Absolutely Tom but why do people think he hadn't? I read it that his worry was about the eggs getting cold and the chick being deserted and took it he wasn't mentally prepared not physically. Could be wrong though :? Anyway, good news all three babies are doing fine :D .

Oh dear.

Sorry you feel that way Rhys but Omlet has helped me hatch four beautiful chicks. I didn't use a heat lamp, and Effy has made a excellent mother without one, its also her first time.

I hope you are OK Rhys, and its up to you if you continue or not with Omlet, but it is really helpful. :D

So I am just going to have a little rant. I was offended and annoyed by comments on my post. I asked for advice not unhelpful criticism. But I ended up taking no notice because I got my breeder on the phone and he talked me through everything.

I am going to say what happened and I know no one will agree because well it isn't how you personally do it but i had a good turn out. I moved all the ducklings inside ( the hatched half pipped and un-pipped egg) and got told by my breeder (who has had to hand raise a lot of his ducklings) to help the pipped out which I did I removed half the pipped shell and let the duckling come out on it's own. Then a couple of minutes later the other pipped and the membrane had dried out so I helped it out and let it come out on it's own. We have 3 healthy ducklings. 1 with a wonky neck but it got checked over and it will be fine.

I would like to say a special thank you to Plum and Mollie333 for mailing me and asking how I was. It was very nice of you 2 and I appreciate it. I didn't let my last post affect me. I did the right thing and I felt it was the best thing so that's all that matters.

I am now going to show you the 2 pictures of the 2 day old ducklings. I have 2 trouts but I don't know what colour the brown duckling will be if anyone can tell me that would be appreciated thank you.

http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a405/RhysJordan/Bali%20Crested%20Runner%20Ducks/?action=view&current=11072010622.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1032.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa405%2FRhysJordan%2FBali%2520Crested%2520Runner%2520Ducks%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D11072010621.jpg%26

http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a405/RhysJordan/Bali%20Crested%20Runner%20Ducks/?action=view&current=11072010622.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1032.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa405%2FRhysJordan%2FBali%2520Crested%2520Runner%2520Ducks%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D11072010622.jpg%26

It's great that your ducklings are doing well and it all ended up fine, although i am slightly miffed that i was sat on line giving you advise within 5 minutes, without judging your desicions , and yet those who gave very good sound advise dont get a mention! :(

Hope broody mum back to normal with her friend again so all chooks and ducks are happy bunny's (creamrabbit):lol:

I must admit that in the end I forgot I had even put this because I had the breeder on the phone. I am so sorry can I say A VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU to everyone who gave me advice. And tried to help me.

Broody is not broody at all what so ever and is now annoying my MD's :| which they aren't happy about. Ducklings are a big big hit. Had my 16th on saturday so they were a very very special birthday present.

So I am just going to have a little rant. I was offended and annoyed by comments on my post. I asked for advice not unhelpful criticism.

I gave you helpful advice before and you ignored it and it wasn't unhelpful criticism it was questioning a point you made and suggesting that maybe next time you do it differently.