karlotta

Operation Code-name - *Runner Duck*

We used to use a tray that normally sat underneath a growbag tray to catch the water. It was quite shallow but enough for them to start with. I don't know if the're made any more or perhaps they have changed the design. This was about seven years ago. We use heavy duty rubber troughs now which we get at our local DIY shop. A farm supply shop might be worth a look. :D

I too want to keep some runner ducks - just 2. (duck)(white duck) BUT I have 3 little Silkies (one cockerel and 2 hens). (white chicken)GNRPP Would the ducks be OK to share free ranging in the garden with my chucks? I can't seem to find any answers to this in my books. (Ducks and hens would have their own houses and ducks would have a paddling pool, but I only have the one smallish garden for them all to play in and the chicks are out all day 9.30am to 6.30pm)? If I get a drake will he jump my hens?

poultrykeeper.com/...ducks...ducks/can-you-keep-chickens-ducks-together.html -

The above link might be helpful to you. I have kept chickens, ducks and geese together in the past but that was on 4 acres of roaming land! Now, with much less land, the ducks and geese are kept separate from the chickens as we did have problems with a male duck chasing the chickens - mind you, he chased the geese too! We have two different ducks now - Muscovies - and we just decided to keep them apart from the hens, just in case there was trouble. It might be a bit difficult if you don't have too much space for them to "do their own thing" :)