Lesley

Eglu Owners' Photos

Hi Nicola, the technique for playing is very similar to that for an ordinary Penny whistle. Gentle blowing gets you low notes and over blowing or harder, gets the high notes. It easy to hyperventilate at first with the low whistles but you get used to it after a while and things settle down :wink:

The hardest bit is fingering, your fingers are soo far apart and at various points when you change notes your supposed to do little wobbles above and below the note as ornimentation. My fingers really hurt at first but you should see how wide I can stretch my hand now :shock:

You might get a picture of...............................................my hand!! I have some of the girls stuffing sultanas last week but the rest of me I don't know I would have to get someone to take a pic and then I feel like a complete idiot so they just look horrid!! The only nice pictures of me are taken when I don't notice!!