bizzylizzy

slow cookers

Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of slow cooker advice. I am helping my uncle with his birthday this weekend. It has progressed from a bbq to a jacket spud with filling things as it is cheaper and easier. I am making a quorn chilli, meat chilli and a chicken curry. I was planniing on cooking them on saturday so that they can be warmed and served in the slow cookers at around 3 ish on sunday. Will this be ok? A bit concerned about food poisoning!!!!

Thanks in advance

bizzylizzy

Thank you for your reply. I have got to transport them to their house on sunday. do you think if i was to start them off on sunday morning, unplug the cookers and travel for half an hour max they would be ok to plug in and carry them on for a couple of hours when i get there?

Thanks

bizzylizzy

Thank you for your reply. I have got to transport them to their house on sunday. do u think if i was to start them off on sunday morning, unplug the cookers and travel for half an hour max they would be ok to plug in and carry them on for a couple of hours when i get there?

Thanks

bizzylizzy

It's not something I would do, sorry.

I agree - if it was just me I would be less worried, but if you're cooking for other people it's wise to be careful. I wouldn't heat them up until you get there because I think it would be more risky to heat them, then let them cool for a bit, and then heat them up again.

Can you microwave them when you get there to get them hot, and then pop them in the slow cooker so they keep hot while people are serving themselves?

just wanted to say thank you for advice.

the new plan now is to prep all the stuff on saturday chop onions etc. get up early sunday, go over to the party and bung it all in the slow cooker there. leave it to cook until the party starts. that gives it a good five hours to cook.

bizzylizzy