daxigirl Posted October 9, 2010 Share Posted October 9, 2010 I've just been working out that the 4 eggs Paxo has laid cost out at about £450 each (that's adding up everything that I've bought to get chickens). Even Harrods would have a job competing with those prices. No wonder they taste so good! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted October 9, 2010 Share Posted October 9, 2010 Wow I haven't worked that out but mine must be cheaper seeing as I've had the eglu a few years now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted October 9, 2010 Author Share Posted October 9, 2010 Paxo has just decreased the price to £400 per egg this afternoon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted October 11, 2010 Share Posted October 11, 2010 I haven't even dared work out how much my girls' eggs cost me, I am sure I would be horrified! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted October 14, 2010 Author Share Posted October 14, 2010 Paxo has really pulled her finger out and got the hang of egg laying with a tally of 8 in 16 days, she even managed one 2 days running. All beautifully coloured and shaped. What a star. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
green Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 I've saved all the receipts in case I want to work out the cost per egg, but I doubt I will as neither of my beautiful girls are laying yet and the receipts are piling up. You're brave! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 I think it might be dangerous - would probably add up to a couple of foreign holidays a year at least!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 I've never worked it out either but sure we all spend £1000s on them in total ... don't expect to get anything back off a dog or a cat, so to us the chickens are just pets with benefits! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 21, 2010 Share Posted October 21, 2010 I was just saying to hubby this morning that we've got some very expensive eggs!! Well done Paxo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...